Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bear creek barrels

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    When did BA start using 4140 CMV? These aren't even on their site.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    When did BA start using 4140 CMV? These aren't even on their site.
    Right here I believe: https://ballisticadvantage.com/16-in...rn-barrel.html
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    That is 4150 though.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    That is 4150 though.

Yeah, those aren't the same barrel. You can zoom in on the ones for sale at PA and see that they are marked differently as well.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I think it may be a typo on primary arms website. Pretty sure it's 4150, I have never seen a4140 BA barrel but it's possible it was an oem barrel overstock or something
    Last edited by everready73; 05-23-18 at 19:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    That deal is obscene. I don't typically have much interest in 1/9 barrels, but that price is smokin.
    Meant to post it in your Good Deals thread and got busy at work and forgot. That thread has got me a few mean looks from the wife when things show up lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    That is 4150 though.

Duh! I was focused on the CMV and getting ready to explain that 4150V (which I figured BA called it) was the same as 4150CMV; I didn't even notice you were talking 4150 vs. 4140.

I compared the pics on the BA site with what was on the PA and thought they were the same. I hope the 4140 is a typo, but, dang, they did it twice.

I'm planning to sell the rifles I'll be using these on, I doubt someone who buys them from me at a gun show would ever realize any difference.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Meant to post it in your Good Deals thread and got busy at work and forgot. That thread has got me a few mean looks from the wife when things show up lol
    LOL, it is like women buying shoes. It doesn't matter how much it cost, it only matters how much you save!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    $70 and anybody cares whether it's 4140 or 4150?!!

Feedback Score
    Run away from bear creek, they are the same junk under a different name. anyone who can offer a "full feature ar15" for under $500 needs to be looked at with extreme skepticism.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast