Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New suppressor host, questions on gas restrictions

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

New suppressor host, questions on gas restrictions

I have been looking for a Gemtech SBC and the Bootleg carrier for a while and they seems to be as rare as hens teeth right now. Did these two companies stop making them? The Bootleg, I can find in the light weight version, but the full auto one is harder. I can't find an in stock Gemtech one at all however.

Is going with a standard carrier and a heavier buffer/spring a preferred way to go? FWIW, I want one of the two above mentioned carriers because I just got a Noveske barrel with a pinned GB and I don't want to mess around with an adjustable GB if I can help it.

What are people using to reduce their carrier speed now a days? Special suppressed carriers, AGB, or something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shoot! I wouldn't buy anything Gemtech had a hand in designing. An insertable gas port is the way to go. We're running them in like 6 or 7 SBRs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Shoot! I wouldn't buy anything Gemtech had a hand in designing. An insertable gas port is the way to go. We're running them in like 6 or 7 SBRs.
    Link? I have an SPR/M4 on a 13.7" Infidel, and I haven't technically built the upper yet since it is still in pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The full auto rated Bootleg was just announced earlier this year so yeah I would expect them to be hard to find at this time.
    Last edited by ggammell; 05-23-18 at 12:42.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    They run them in batches. If you sign up for notifications at a few places you will get an alert at some point. Lanbos was the cheapest around when I picked mine up.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Adjustable gas blocks and the BRT are awesome options if you are looking for a purpose built gun. If you a looking to go back and forth between suppressed and unsuppressed then the SBC is an excellent option. There is a lot of hate for it but I have put mine through the ringer with several classes and about 5k through it with no issues. I am using a BCM bolt.

Feedback Score
    Bootlegs website shows 33 in stock..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The Custom Tune gas port is great for a dedicated solution.

The EZTUNE Gas Tube is another great choice for the existing pinned gas block.

Which suppressor will be used?
    Last edited by Clint; 05-23-18 at 15:20.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    The EZTUNE Gas Tube is another great choice for the existing pinned gas block.
    Have you tried these? They're a legit option?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast