Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why shouldn't I just buy another Omega?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Why shouldn't I just buy another Omega?

Hi all,
    Haven't paid attention to new stuff out there in the last couple of years.
    I've got the itch to get another rifle can for use on 11.5" guns. Any reason that I shouldn't just get anther Omega? I've been pleased with the one I have but don't have much experience with other rifle cans. I like the ASR mounts and haven't had any of the issues that some others have experienced. There is no hard use with these, just fun guns etc.

I'm already invested in their mounts and am leaning towards just getting another one, I'm just curious if there is something that I should take a hard look at before I decide.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm in the same boat. If I was going to add another can, I would give the Hybrid a go.
    Last edited by Vegas; 03-26-18 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    Saker ASR would be worth looking at as well. But nothing wrong with another Omega 300.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Unless you already heavily invested in the QD system, I have been very impressed with the Sig cans and with Q's new line up. The difference between my Sig 762ti and my Omega is night and day.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I bought an Omega for all-around use and just took possession of a Saker 556 ASR for dedicated 5.56 use. If you’re already invested in ASR mounts, I’d go this route as well. I bought the 556K model and it is much more compact than the Omega- great for SBR’s.

On mounts, I should mention that I switched everything to Dead Air’s Key-Mo system and am much happier.

Feedback Score
    I love my Omega and would definitely consider a second one if I felt it would enhance my collection or the performance of my rifles.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I love my Omega, and also have a Saker 556 and a Saker K. I am really interested in their new Chimera and am thinking about picking one up, however my next three cans will be the Dead Air Wolverine, Dead Air Sandman K and a Surefire SOCOM RC2.

I run the Saker 556 on everything 11.5” and below and have had zero issues with it. All of my guns have ASR muzzle devices.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Thank you all for the input.
    I had considered the Chimera, Saker, and the Hybrid before I posted. The Chimera and Saker are just too heavy for me to make a switch away from the Omega. This is not a hard use can so whatever added robustness those two offer doesn't offset the weight penalty IMO. The Hybrid gave me the most pause because I shoot 450 Bushmaster as well. I decided to go Omega again because the 11.5" uppers get shot the most...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    The difference between my Sig 762ti and my Omega is night and day.
    How so?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Tone, back pressure, db.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast