Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DD RIS III

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Not exactly, they are .073. It was my original thread with that info.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...MK18-amp-DD-CS

Still bigger than they need to be, but a LMT Enhanced FA carrier has it running like a beast.
    Well that’s a very detailed thread and I do remember reading that. I thought I remember reading some other reports where people had measured it closer to .070-.071ish. I emailed DD a while back and in E-mail was told they were .070. From your pics I’d say that looks closer to .074. I recently built my first 2 AR’s, I used 2x 10.3 DD barrels and admittedly I didn’t have calipers or measure the gas port when I had the gas block off. We shall see how it runs. I thought hard about the LMT enhanced FA carrier, but ended up putting KAC Sandcutters (with LMT enhanced bolts) in them. Hopefully I can get out today or tomorrow to see how they run. I have A5 buffer tubes with green sprinco buffer springs in them. I have A5H2, A5H3 & A5H4 buffer tubes in them. I am going to test to see what the heaviest buffer is that will not only cycle but lock the bolt carrier back on the last round with PMC bronze, that will be the buffer weight I roll with.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    "RIS III" seems like a new rail, a milled RIS II should probably kept in the RIS II name range. A little underwhelming and years behind others like KAC and Geiselle.

I like the RIS II and have one as a reference, a Lite II rail as wheel with the same mounting system. I fail to see how the Geiselle mounting method is not universally considered better? I much prefer it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Without causing a huge debate, why are manufacturers getting away from 1913 and moving toward MLok or Keymod? Every rail still has a 1913 at the 12 O'clock position. Does Mlock or Keymod improve on any design quality or do more manufactures offer accessories for Keymod or Mlock?
    They're fads that have unfortunately caught on.

That said, I wonder if these rails will be as hard to find as the regular RIS II.
    Last edited by Interrupt; 05-25-18 at 10:38.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That painful install is Juice worth the proverbial squeeze.
    Yes they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I’ve always used ratchets with extensions to reach the head. Normally works pretty quick, but I’m only working on one, I can’t think of how it must be to work on them in mass.
    Its not that bad once you do a bunch of them. The slotted head screws going into the side rails that mate the top and lower half of the rail are more dangerous when you're trying not to kill the ano'd FDE finish....
    Industry Disclosure
    Current: Blue Force Gear

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234