Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DD RIS III

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Without causing a huge debate, why are manufacturers getting away from 1913 and moving toward MLok or Keymod? Every rail still has a 1913 at the 12 O'clock position. Does Mlock or Keymod improve on any design quality or do more manufactures offer accessories for Keymod or Mlock?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Weight savings, among other reasons.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yep. With many long rails being produced... all that pic rail real estate was getting crazy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Meh. Ive haven't been interested in anything coming out of DD for years now. This is coming from a long time user of their DDM4 and Lite rail series(which I still own) and was probably the pinnacle of picatinny style rails. The only DD product I would buy are their barrels.

Sorry DD but your designs have been surpassed by the likes Geissele, KAC, Hodge/Mega, Centurion rails.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    This is what I went to after...

Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I’ve always used ratchets with extensions to reach the head. Normally works pretty quick, but I’m only working on one, I can’t think of how it must be to work on them in mass.
    ...dealing with this

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The only way to do them in volume is to have a long flex drill piece and use the right bit. That way you bypass the cursing and quarter turns with the allen wrench.
    Breaking out the flex drill bit extension did cross my mind.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Meh. Ive haven't been interested in anything coming out of DD for years now. This is coming from a long time user of their DDM4 and Lite rail series(which I still own) and was probably the pinnacle of picatinny style rails. The only DD product I would buy are their barrels.

Sorry DD but your designs have been surpassed by the likes Geissele, KAC, Hodge/Mega, Centurion rails.
    I like my RIS II, but completely agree.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

I’ve always been the opposite, I like what they put out but after dealing with the overgassed 10.3 barrels, I tend to stay away from anything with a barrel offering.

Their problem is they don’t listen to their customers, they’d rather waste time showing off the new display cases then offering the products their customers ask for.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just out of curiosity, is the AR15 Lite Rail 9.5 FSP in the same demand as the Mk 18?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I’ve always been the opposite, I like what they put out but after dealing with the overgassed 10.3 barrels, I tend to stay away from anything with a barrel offering.

Their problem is they don’t listen to their customers, they’d rather waste time showing off the new display cases then offering the products their customers ask for.
    10.3 barrels have had a proper size port for a while now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

DD RIS III

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    10.3 barrels have had a proper size port for a while now.
    Not exactly, they are .073. It was my original thread with that info.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...MK18-amp-DD-CS

Still bigger than they need to be, but a LMT Enhanced FA carrier has it running like a beast.
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 05-24-18 at 21:24.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast