Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Hat Are You Wearing?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I buy these three at a time for working outside, etc. Not a big Condor fan but I tried one of these on when I was in AT once and they fit just right. No button in the crown and no gaudy labels anywhere. You can't beat them for the price:

https://www.atlantictactical.com/con...-cap-one-size/

Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post

What hat are you wearing?
    Here's what I wear and I like it so much, purchased several. Biggest problem for me with hats is heat, my head gets hot no matter the temp, and any hats make me sweat in all but the lowest temps, but I need to wear a hat due to shaved head and an interest in reducing sun exposure, etc. It literally took me decades to find the "perfect" hat for me:

https://www.amazon.com/Juniper-Taslo...dp/B00KU3FQMY/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Here's what I wear and I like it so much, purchased several. Biggest problem for me with hats is heat, my head gets hot no matter the temp, and any hats make me sweat in all but the lowest temps, but I need to wear a hat due to shaved head and an interest in reducing sun exposure, etc. It literally took me decades to find the "perfect" hat for me:

https://www.amazon.com/Juniper-Taslo...dp/B00KU3FQMY/

Get a straw cowboy hat, I wear one to cut the grass or when I'm outside. They breathe really nice. Normally I wear a ball cap when going out and about.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Get a straw cowboy hat, I wear one to cut the grass or when I'm outside. They breathe really nice. Normally I wear a ball cap when going out and about.
    I have so many hats it's not funny, including a large brimmed straw hat which I do wear around the yard and such, but it does not roll up nice and small to be put in a bag, or pocket, etc. It also looks kinda goofy on me I think. Believe when I say, decades trying to find just the right hat that fits virtually all needs I have for a hat.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I have so many hats it's not funny, including a large brimmed straw hat which I do wear around the yard and such, but it does not roll up nice and small to be put in a bag, or pocket, etc. It also looks kinda goofy on me I think. Believe when I say, decades trying to find just the right hat that fits virtually all needs I have for a hat.

Get one that has the wire in the brim. You can roll it or shape it how you want.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Biggest problem for me with hats is heat...
    I feel your pain.

I'm VERY hot natured and only wear hats when I'm in the sun for protection or cold weather. I have a thick head of hair that's like wearing a helmet that holds heat in add a hat and I'm in misery. One thing I do is pour cold water over my head and put my hat back on when working outdoors.

But yeah, no hat breaths enough for me.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I wear a Noveske Cap some, I have a "slouch' hat I guess by Pendleton and a dark brown Stetson I bought when I returned from Vietnam in '67, they were real then. I need to get it cleaned and blocked.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wear "free" ball caps.. but my Cat, Peterbilt and Kenworth hats cost me plenty.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have an Akubra that I wear when I'm just outdoors (and the temperature is in the 40s or higher).

A South African bush hat (boonie hat) for when the space and/or weight of the Akubra can be an issue (namely, it's a lot easier to roll the bush hat up and toss it into a duffle than to do likewise with the Akubra).

A Sitka-branded ballcap for running around town.

A tacticool Oakley ballcap for summer shooting and mowing the lawn.

A reproduction early WWII US HBT cap for when I'm shooting old guns in summer.

A wool flatcap for running around town when it's cool but not cold.

A Stormy Kromer for when I'm outside and it's cool but not cold.

A jeep cap for when it's really cold. (And if it's windy or really, really cold, I put up a hood.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Been looking for that "Pale Rider" Hat, but @ +500U$D for a made in the U.S.A. quality one! Hmmm. . .

By the by, interesting history on this style of hat that was said to be worn by Danite Mormon Hit Men.
    In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, piss and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet. —Quintus Dias

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast