Thread: US Navy warships in ‘serious incident’ with China

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

US Navy warships in ‘serious incident’ with China

The following report is from a Scottish news outlet, haven't located the story from US news.

CHINESE warships have confronted US Navy vessels today in what has been described as a “serious incident”.

The tense naval drama unfolded after the American warships sailed near South China Sea islands claimed by China.
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...sputed-waters/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not much in the way of details in that article.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The article states they came within 12 miles... thats LONG been the standard for ownership of the water off shore of your country/territory... If china wants to claim more than 12 miles, they will have to get LONG standing international laws(or whatever they are) amended from all over the world. I dont think you will find to many countries want to change those laws.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    IIRC, China has long tried to “expand” their territorial waters.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    The article states they came within 12 miles... thats LONG been the standard for ownership of the water off shore of your country/territory... If china wants to claim more than 12 miles, they will have to get LONG standing international laws(or whatever they are) amended from all over the world. I dont think you will find to many countries want to change those laws.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    IIRC, China has long tried to “expand” their territorial waters.
    like I said, they can try, but seeing how the rest of the damn world has pretty much agreed that 12 miles is the limit, they will be fighting an up-hill battle...

They can be outraged all they want that we sailed 12 miles from their territory, but international waters is international waters. Pretty sure even Iran doesnt make a stink about the 12 mile limit with our war ships(but we also know what happens with Iran when we bust the 12 mile limit). Shit is the Straights of Hormuz even 12 miles wide...just looked its 21 miles wide, but the shipping channel buts right up to the 12 mile limit.

Feedback Score
    It was only a serious incident for the Chinese, not the US Destroyer and Cruiser. UK news outlets now carrying the water for the PRC?
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't know who this guy is:

Feedback Score
    We test, they test, the Russians test. Been that way for well over half a century. It is evident that the U.S. knows what 12 miles is and walked the line. I'll bet this crap happens all the time, we just don't hear about it.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Same topic, Mattis speaks:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...onized-islands

tl;dr: USA doesn't recognize Chinese claims to the ocean around their man-made islands and will aggressively ignore such claims.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We should just invade and occupy China. Then everything that was “made in China” can me marked “made in USA”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk