Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Guy with a Gun......

Feedback Score

Good Guy with a Gun......

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/us/ok...ing/index.html

(CNN)An armed citizen gunned down a shooter at an Oklahoma City restaurant on Thursday, killing him, police said.

"A man walked into the Louie's restaurant and opened fire with a gun," police said. "A bystander with a pistol confronted the shooter outside the restaurant and fatally shot him."
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    With the courage to make a difference.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm just shocked CNN is running with this

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I'm just shocked CNN is running with this

It made me hesitate. The wording also didn't have the usual partial prevications (stole that word from my wife yesterday) to tint the incident. I see that every once in awhile from CNN. My guess is a lot of senior people have bugged out for the long weekend and some staffer either didn't have the time to "properly" work on it, or they are an actual journalist that just reports the news.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    It made me hesitate. The wording also didn't have the usual partial prevications (stole that word from my wife yesterday) to tint the incident. I see that every once in awhile from CNN. My guess is a lot of senior people have bugged out for the long weekend and some staffer either didn't have the time to "properly" work on it, or they are an actual journalist that just reports the news.
    From the CNN link above - I thought this was interesting: ""He was just a 20-something-year-old kid," Benton said, "Didn't look very old. He was wearing ear protection and eye protection that you would have at a shooting range."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As the gunman ran from the scene, two bystanders got their own handguns from the trunks of their vehicles, then confronted and fatally shot the attacker outside the restaurant
    Great learning opportunity as to the importance of CCW (on person).

Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    From the CNN link above - I thought this was interesting: ""He was just a 20-something-year-old kid," Benton said, "Didn't look very old. He was wearing ear protection and eye protection that you would have at a shooting range."
    Couldn't help but notice this too, odd that a killer would concern himself with ear and eye pro. But then again we're not dealing with much in his brain pan so...

On the flip side of that coin I read that Pat Mac keeps what he calls a "I'm coming to getchu" bag with ear pro and eye pro inside with other things like mags, grease pencils, and a high vis "security vest" for an active shooter situation in the trunk of his ride.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 05-25-18 at 18:08.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Like Pat Mac needs a vest to stand out for high visibility

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCDYWxRa...4GEOAw/videos#

Link to the perp's YouTube channel. Schizophrenia.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post

I ain't clicking on those vids. Next time YT will start suggesting similar videos to me

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post

And to think he was worried about his hearing lmao.

Reason #3749 to EDC CCW.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast