Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Factory KAC SR-15 Mod 1 with CORE Upper and LWRC Sights?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Factory KAC SR-15 Mod 1 with CORE Upper and LWRC Sights?

My apologies if this belongs in another forum.

I went to a local gun shop and saw what was claimed to be a new-in-box SR-15 Mod 1, with a Core upper, Mod 1 rail, LWRC sights, and a BCM Gunfighter ambi charging handle. The store, who is fairly stand-up with their inventory, claimed it came from KAC in that configuration.

I've never seen any KAC with non-KAC branded accessories, let alone a non-KAC upper receiver.

Anyone else ever seen anything like this? I didn't take a photo, but I can go back and take some later this weekend.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They may have "received it" in that configuration, but I have a hard time believing that it came from Knights like that... I'm guessing this is a distributor produced Franken-gun using uppers and lowers that they had in house.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post

I went to a local gun shop and saw what was claimed to be a new-in-box SR-15 Mod 1, with a Core upper, Mod 1 rail, LWRC sights, and a BCM Gunfighter ambi charging handle. The store, who is fairly stand-up with their inventory, claimed it came from KAC in that configuration.

I've never seen any KAC with non-KAC branded accessories, let alone a non-KAC upper receiver.

Anyone else ever seen anything like this? I didn't take a photo, but I can go back and take some later this weekend.

LOL. No. Just no. Like Stromin commented, they might have received it that way, but KAC isn't sending out uppers or weapons like that. If I've been huffing soup mix or something and am wrong, I would love to hear the backstory.

My guess is that if you go back to the store, you will find nothing is KAC with the exception of the rail. No barrel, nor BCG.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I didn't take a photo, but I can go back and take some later this weekend.

I would enjoy seeing a picture if you can. I should also point out that it is possible someone sent parts in to KAC to be assembled, fixed, etc.. I guess in theory that could be an excuse for saying it came from KAC as configured.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I'd probably run away but just for kicks take a picture of the bolt head.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Please please tell me you got pictures, I am curious like ohters here
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I can't imagine why we'd do something like that, I can only imagine that the seller used some creative wording when describing the situation.
    Definitely interested in pictures!
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I can't imagine why we'd do something like that, I can only imagine that the seller used some creative wording when describing the situation.
    Probably a frankengun built on one of the stripped lowers you guys sold. Not blaming you Jack but I cannot understand why your guys sold those lowers. I would think KAC's reputation is too valuable. I can see Bubba 1 selling a junk rifle built on a stripped KAC lower in a gunshow parking lot to Bubba 2. The roll mark sells the rifle but the rifle is junk. Not saying the rifle the OP is looking at is junk but it obviously isn't a KAC rifle.

Feedback Score
    Was this store in Hendersonville, TN? Because they have the same thing there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    It’s gotta be the same shop I’m talking about because they literally have the same gun on the wall. I didn’t get a “straight answer” when I asked about it. I can definitely get you pics though. Also, they’re asking $1,999.00 for it 😂

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast