G&R Tactical

Thread: Sig MK25/Navy hooded holster suggestions

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Sig MK25/Navy hooded holster suggestions

Have a friend that just picked one of these up and wanted to add it to his battle belt. Wanted to run a TLR-1HL or possibly a X300 and was looking for hooded holsters. I'm not up on that gun combo and figured there were plenty that probably have a similar setup. My google searches were pretty weak, lots of open top kydex but looks like very few hooded options.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Anything from Safariland designed for a P226 w/ TLR-1 or X300U will work for a Mk25 with the same light.

I believe that G-Code also offers holsters that will work for a P226/Mk25 with X300U-B.

Assuming that by, "hooded," you mean something with a Safariland SLS or SLS-like system.
    " For Augustus, and after him Tiberius, more interested in establishing and increasing their own power than in promoting the public good, began to disarm the Roman people (in order to make them more passive under their tyranny)[.] "
    - Niccolò Machiavelli, 1520 -
    Dell'Arte della Guerra (The Art of War)

Feedback Score
    Safarilands website lists some of holsters for a P226R w/ Surefire X300 as not compatible with a Mk25, but I've recently switched to a Mk25 with my Safariland 6280 (which Safarilands website says won't work), and had zero issues. I've only been doing this for a short time, but I don't see how a very slightly different rail would create too many problems. Obviously this does not mean that all Safariland holsters that they list as P226R/X300 compatible will work with a Mk25/X300 combo, but so far mine's GTG..

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks guys, I think he found something.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If he hasn't, have him take a look at Red Hill Tactical.. They make some great Kydex and a WRS hood is one of the many options available.
    "It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission." -RADM Hopper

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    Safarilands website lists some of holsters for a P226R w/ Surefire X300 as not compatible with a Mk25, but I've recently switched to a Mk25 with my Safariland 6280 (which Safarilands website says won't work), and had zero issues. I've only been doing this for a short time, but I don't see how a very slightly different rail would create too many problems. Obviously this does not mean that all Safariland holsters that they list as P226R/X300 compatible will work with a Mk25/X300 combo, but so far mine's GTG..
    Assuming you did the Safariland drop down holster compatibility checker? If so, last fall I noticed it could give a not compatible hit on a Streamlight TLR 1 HL, but would give the go ahead when TLR 1 was picked along with a few other screwy issues.

Feedback Score
    I used the options for finding a holster. I'm still curious as to whether this is a website issue, or if Safariland has reason to know that the 1913 rail makes a difference. I ought to call them.

Edit: I called Safariland & spoke to Jacob, I believe. He said that any Safariland holster that works for a P226R should work with a P226 Mk25. He was very helpful & courteous, and said call back anytime if I had anymore questions, so if their website doesn't help, call.
    Last edited by Brett Kastl; 06-04-18 at 17:39.