Thread: Suppressor alignment pass or fail?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Suppressor alignment pass or fail?

BAABA0D8-BB65-4F8D-89E2-17AF0F3D6037.jpgEF4E49C8-67E3-4360-B7E0-6FA52DBE0DB1.jpg

Would you pass or fail the second picture? These are 2 identical builds, one appears perfectly concentric to me, the other doesn’t appear to be touching but is not perfectly concentric. If the light is at 1:30, the SAR appears closer to the can at around 11:30 if you look closely. So what say you? I plan to bring these both out to the range tomorrow if all is well, if not i’ll Probably pull off the FH on the one, clean all the rocksett off, buy a new swim kit and redo it. Both are wearing brand new DD 10.3” barrels...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pass em both. They hole in the can is large enough where a .55 projectile won’t be close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Would you pass or fail the second picture? These are 2 identical builds, one appears perfectly concentric to me, the other doesn’t appear to be touching but is not perfectly concentric. If the light is at 1:30, the SAR appears closer to the can at around 11:30 if you look closely. So what say you? I plan to bring these both out to the range tomorrow if all is well, if not i’ll Probably pull off the FH on the one, clean all the rocksett off, buy a new swim kit and redo it. Both are wearing brand new DD 10.3” barrels...
    I'd shoot both of those.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thank you, sounds like I’m good to go. Shining light in there, definitely appears to be plenty of clearance on all sides.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    those look pretty good, never a bad idea to ask though. Range report tomorrow.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    those look pretty good, never a bad idea to ask though. Range report tomorrow.

PB
    Suppressors ran great, no issues at all, accuracy good with both builds and both cans. I was however shocked to see that Pmc bronze or Federal Fusion MSR would not lock back on the last round and actually had a couple malfunctions with this ammo unsuppressed wirh an A5H2 buffer. I had extra A5H3& A5H4 buffers, but I really didn’t think I would have needed an A5H1 or A5H0 buffer. Both rifles ran great with all ammo suppressed. I’m running 10.3” DD barrels (recent manufacture), green sprinco buffer springs, KAC Sandcutter BCG, LMT enhanced bolt, JP enhanced rings, Sprinco ejector spring & V7 inconel gas tubes.

I didn’t measure the gas port on the DD barrels, current reports put them between .070 and .074, I’m thinking their closer to .070 based on my results today. I’m gonna order some A5H1 & A5H0 buffers and see how the rifles run with these. Recoil impulse subjectively felt very mild.