Thread: Patriot Ordnance Factory Renegade

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Patriot Ordnance Factory Renegade

So I bought this thing new a few months ago for under $1200 and have been running it through its paces ever since including some 3Gun action and several different drills. So far so good; no hiccups of any kind. It has seen some rain as well. This is POF's standard Renegade model, no-frills direct impingement rifle. I must say I am pretty impressed with the barrel though as I got just slightly larger than 1 MOA groups @ 100yds when sighting it in with just an Aimpoint PRO and regular 'ol Federal American Eagle 55gr. I was pleasantly surprised.

I know POF isn't liked very much on this forum (for whatever reasons unknown to me) but I'm glad that didn't deter me from buying this rifle as I really am enjoying this thing more and more every time I shoot it. It has earned the upgrades I gave it....CMC 4.5lb flat faced trigger, Scalarworks mount for the Aimpoint, VG6 Epsilon muzzle brake, KAC trigger guard, BCM KAG, etc. I did not care much for the Mission First Tactical stock & grip that comes standard with the Renegade so I swapped those out as well. A Surefire Mini Scout light is inbound for this thing too. I should also mention that I was never a fan of Tungsten Grey (black was out of stock), however, it has grown on me a lot and am glad I got it especially since POF is no longer offering it in that color. For under 1200 dollars this rifle is turning out to be a nice deal...in my own experience and humble opinion of course.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I cleaned her up today and took some photos for the hell of it. Enjoy...or not.

Feedback Score
    Nice rifle.

Feedback Score
    I dig that color. Black and grey go well together. Might be something I consider for my next rifle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I must say I am pretty impressed with the barrel though as I got just slightly larger than 1 MOA groups @ 100yds when sighting it in with just an Aimpoint PRO and regular 'ol Federal American Eagle 55gr.
    That ammunition is typically considered 2 or 3 moa ammunition.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    That ammunition is typically considered 2 or 3 moa ammunition.
    I know! Incredible. That POF also likes the cheap Fiochhi stuff too. Whatever they did with this particular barrel they did it right!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great looking rifle. WHO CARES what anyone else thinks-if you like it and it runs..awesome!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Looks like a good rifle. Shoot it until you can’t and forget what everyone else says.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A year and a half later and still love this thing. No hiccups yet and probably have around 2 or 3 thousand rounds through her. Participated in a 2-gun competition with it over the summer as well and did great. Switched out the BCM KAG for a Vendetta Precision (my new favorite AFG) and added a Surefire Scout.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    A year and a half later and still love this thing. No hiccups yet and probably have around 2 or 3 thousand rounds through her. Participated in a 2-gun competition with it over the summer as well and did great. Switched out the BCM KAG for a Vendetta Precision (my new favorite AFG) and added a Surefire Scout.

That’s a good looking rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk