Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
This is the way I'd go. I am not a fan of metal handguards because they are hot in the summer and cold in the winter and adding plastic covers increases weight and girth. But I got the chance to handle a Colt CCU with the covers installed and the setup was light with a surprisingly small cross section that's comfortable in my hands. Of all the aluminum handguards I've tried, this is the only setup I like enough to buy. In fact, I'm waiting impatiently for the group buy for the Centurion handguard to go through that Stick is so graciously sponsoring for us.
Agreed. I've been through a lot of hand guards in work and rec. I wasn't a sceptic of the Centurion, but didn't give it much thought as there are so many others on the market I enjoy. The other day I got to feel one for the first time and it had that "finally" feeling to it. Finally, a rail I can't find a single thing about it I would want to change. It feels slim, solid, and something I wouldn't hesitate to take into combat. It truly is worth considering.