Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDC Buried Gun data

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

CDC Buried Gun data

Not surprising of course. Lott had said they CDC ignored several papers examining defensive uses in their last summery because it didn't fly with their agenda:

CDC Buried Study Showing Guns Are Used More Often For Protection Than Crime

A new paper out of Florida State University accused the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of hiding results from a survey they conducted that said guns were used for defense three-and-a-half times more often than they are used by criminals.

There were nearly 2.5 million instances a year where people used a firearm for self-defense, defending others or protecting their property, according to the CDC student that remained unpublished.

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesma...k2kB7knmCgdIQ/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This crap needs to stop. Government agencies continue to be liberal/progressive biased even under a Trump Admin. These bureaucrats are so imbedded, and almost always Democrat, anti gun types.

Feedback Score
    Ummm I suspect this thread belongs elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Ummm I suspect this thread belongs elsewhere.
    Doh. Supposed to be in GD not GD AR. My bad.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Doh. Supposed to be in GD not GD AR. My bad.
    Liberal activism increased 10 fold under Trump. Scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josefius View Post
    Liberal activism increased 10 fold under Trump. Scary.
    Can't see why that would surprise anyone. I'd bet gun sales and NRA memberships have exploded due to that massive increase in activism so...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    I wish this surprised me. Unfortunately, competence is the exception rather than the rule with bureaucrats.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    AMA is supporting gun control also;
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceja.../#74537f0469ef
    “Gun violence in America today is a public health crisis, one that requires a comprehensive and far-reaching solution,” AMA president Dr. David O. Barbe said. “This is an important issue, as demonstrated by an unprecedented number of gun violence prevention proposals that physicians have submitted for discussion during the upcoming AMA policy-making meeting.”
    This year, here are just some of the measures doctors want the AMA to back:

Ban the sale of bump stocks. AMA delegates will consider supporting “a ban on the sale of any device, including bump stocks, that converts a firearm into a weapon that mimics a fully automatic weapon.”
    Strengthen the background check system for firearms. AMA delegates will consider supporting legislation that requires “all gun sales and transfers” to “fall under strengthened regulation.”
    Ban on semi-automatic assault weapons and high capacity ammunition magazines. AMA delegates will consider supporting “a ban on the sale, transfer, manufacturer and importation of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines to the public.”
    Increasing the legal age of purchasing ammunition and firearms from 18 to 21. AMA delegates will consider supporting “increasing the legal age to purchase firearms and ammunition.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    AMA is supporting gun control also;
    The AMA has always supported gun control, and has turned a blind eye to studies pre designed to show the evil of guns not worth the paper they were printed on, to support that agenda. Nothing new to see there. AMA is uber left leaning as a rule, and can't fathom guns may also save lives.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I seem to recall reading that this study was completed in the late 90s.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast