Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.0/P-10C/VP9/

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

2.0/P-10C/VP9/

Has anyone owned these three weapons and/or run them extensively back to back or close? I own a VP9 and I’m considering a 2.0 M&P or a P-10c or maybe a P-07 but wanted to leave the P-07 out of the conversation as it’s hammer vs striker. I’ve run a couple mags through a 1,0 and it seemed flatter and easier to shoot well than the VP9 although the vp9 is a nice gun.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I’ve also debated this

While the p10c feels good in hand, at this time it’s reliability is somewhat questionable

The 2.0 is a solid choice...apex trigger made mine from great to WOW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've owned/own all 3 of them

Out of the 3 of them: Out of the box the VP9 takes it.

The 2.0 is REALLY nice, but I only liked it AFTER i changed the trigger shoe out. The stock trigger shoe is the biggest downfall to the gun.

As for the p10c, i'd wait until the square away ALL issues.

In short, get the VP9.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ve had a 2.0 and a VP9. The 2.0 is nice, however the grip texture is rough and sucks for carrying. Good for shooting but then they only stippled half the grip. Most of the areas where you actually want texture it’s smooth. The trigger shoe sucks but the overall trigger feel is decent. I prefer the 1.0 grip actually but then they have a whole host of problems.

The VP9 is ok. The trigger is pretty nice but not phenomenal. The ergos are a bit odd. Everyone raves about it and yea it does feel pretty good but doesn’t lend Itself to fast shooting if that makes sense. The bore is pretty high and it’s pretty flippy.

I get excited about all these new guns but they all have their issues and it’s why Glock is still king.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

2.0/P-10C/VP9/

Agree on the vp being flippy and think the grip is too contoured if that makes any sense.

Last edited by newyork; 05-29-18 at 15:54.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I have all three. All Three are good dependable guns. The biggest difference is size. The smallest, the 2.0 compact is a little bigger than a G19. The P10c is bigger than the 2.0 Compact and the VP9 is bigger than both of them. If I had to pick one for carry it would be the 2.0 Compact just because of the size. You will need an undergarment or some fine sandpaper though.
    I shoot the three about the same. No real difference in group sizing, but the 2.0 Compact gives me the best split times, but just barely.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I have a shield for most of the year for carry. Splits and staying on target during faster strings hold a lot of weight. Accuracy too just doesn’t need to be 1911 accurate. Practical accuracy.
    Trying to leave it out but the P-07 interests me a lot too.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I have a shield for most of the year for carry. Splits and staying on target during faster strings hold a lot of weight. Accuracy too just doesn’t need to be 1911 accurate. Practical accuracy.
    Trying to leave it out but the P-07 interests me a lot too.

So do you find that the shield gives you the fastest splits and accuracy in a small gun?

Do you just want something that’s not a Glock?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I’ve owned all three. The P10c was a great fun, but had some mag ejection and other minor quirks. I feel like it will improve over time. The VP9 is great but it is kind of fat. The 2.0c, the gun I had the least interest in has run over 4K of crap steel without any problems. At this point, the M&p is, against my expectations, my favorite

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Honestly the shield doesn’t have a lot of rounds on it. I’m coming out of a long hiatus from shooting. This year I’ve shot more than I have in a while which still isn’t a lot.

I have most of my handgun experiences with the g19. I’ve thought of going back but I don’t know if I can swing the extra.

The vp is cool I just find it takes a little more wrist camming and tight grip to shoot faster. I’m no fast shooter. I thought my .45 1911 was easier to shoot fast. The 1911 is what I’ve been carrying but I will sadly be selling to pay bills and buy a polymer gun.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast