Thread: Multiple uppers for SBR lower

Feedback Score

Multiple uppers for SBR lower

I'm waiting for the tax stamp on a factory SBR in 5.56. Once it is my possession can I purchase a short barrel 300 blackout upper and use the 5.56 lower?
    My understanding is it is OK to use a different upper of the same caliber, I'm not sure if you can use a different caliber. I don't see why not but I don't work for the government either.

Feedback Score
    You can attach any upper you want to it. Doesn't matter if it's >16" or <16", or what caliber it is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Once you SBR your lower, caliber, and barrel length and pretty much a non issue.

Have fun, some people do call the ATF if you make a permanent change but for the most part the general consensus is don’t worry about it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You have to mail them notice every time you squeeze off a live round that's outside of your original form. To play is safe, I facetime my shoots directly to the ATF.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys.
    markm-please quit, maybe the wait time wouldn't be so long if the ATF guys where processing forms instead of watching your facetime

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Good point. I'll just go black ops on my NFA activities.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v