Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question: Revolver (e.g. LCR) vs. Semi-Auto (e.g. LC9)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For me it is the shape of the 642, not the size that fits so well in my pocket. With the angle of the grip it is easier to draw than a semi from my pants pocket. Someone shaped differently than me may have different experiences.
    nothing screams napoleonic warfare more than cannons roaring in the background

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Everyone tries to justify their decisions. Why, some people even start a discussion with the premise of telling people who carry revolvers they are wrong. Maybe it's for purely altruistic reasons?
    Haha, you got me!

It was a genuine question: Why is the j-frame a "perfect pocket pistol" even though it's just a big as semi-autos considered too big for pocket carry?
    That got answered: Dummy, it's the shape, not just the size!

Quote Originally Posted by medicman816 View Post
    For me it is the shape of the 642, not the size that fits so well in my pocket. With the angle of the grip it is easier to draw than a semi from my pants pocket.
    Thank you. That makes sense, and aligns with what everyone else has been saying.

It's the beavertail on a semi-auto that makes it problematic for pocket carry, not so much the size:

A revolver obviously doesn't have that, so it makes for a smoother draw.
    "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards."
    William Francis Butler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12