Thread: Bad luck with Sellier & Bellot small pistol primers

Feedback Score

Bad luck with Sellier & Bellot small pistol primers

I generally like Winchester primers for my reloading. They feed the best though my loader, and always go bang. CCI's always go bang too, but give my loader the occasional hiccup. An employee of our local Cabela's was telling me how they sold the heck out of the Sellier & Bellot (S&B) primers, and folks seemed to love them. They are a little cheaper, and even though the price difference is of little concern to me, I figured I'd try 1000.

I've had 3 not go bang out of the first 400. All in newer guns, a P320 and 2.0 M&P. All had heavy firing pin marks. After a short time, I'd clear the breech, put the bullet back in the mag and all 3 went bang on the 2nd try. I'll run through this box, but I won't be buying anymore. They do feed through my loader decent. I load about 10K small pistol primers a year.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

Feedback Score
    Haven't used S&B yet.

Are the guns modified? Light striker spring?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No problems for me using small rifle. Maybe 300 rounds so far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Haven't used S&B yet.

Are the guns modified? Light striker spring?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Not modified.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have burned maybe 7k small pistol printers without any issues.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I tried a bunch in small rifle, and got a lot of pierced primers. The cups are too thin for .223 pressure.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Interesting,I have loaded and shot over 5K++ of the S&B small pistol primers and 0 issues ! I have at least another 15K in the stash. Bought them cheap for sure and they have been perfect so far. Will report back if something turns up. Shot the majority in my CZ07 and some in the VP9 & a G19. HK & G19 are gone so its just CZs from here, but will keep ya posted if something changes.

Feedback Score
    I see the OP got hit with the Ban Hammer pretty quickly.

I’m using S&B small pistol in 9mm thru several pistols, small rifle in .223 (77gr Nosler over Hodgdon’s 8208XBR load), .300BO super & sub loads and large pistol in 10mm, .45acp and .44 Mag with zero issues. My .308 bolt gun wouldn’t group with their large rifle primers. I need to revisit load development there...
    Several thousand total fired with zero malfunctions to date.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar da Wolf View Post
    I see the OP got hit with the Ban Hammer pretty quickly.
    That "banned" status always looks bad. If you get a time out here, it says banned by your name even if you're coming back in a week.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v