Thread: Colt 9mm two piece mag block?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Colt 9mm two piece mag block?

I recently purchased a Colt 9mm sub machine gun parts kit from Ratworx. It came with with everything except the sear, selector ,which I had held out, and of course the lower. I already have a pistol lower that I was planning using. So I ordered a kak mag block.

I installed the mag block but can not get it to hold a mag. The problem is that the mag block moves up when putting the mag in. Especially when the mag is loaded. The mag block has two set screws that should hold everything in place. I even tried drilling two indents in the lower to try to hold it in place with no luck. I'm not trying to trash kak and I have not taken the time to contact them.

So I was thinking about using the two piece Colt mag block that came with the parts kit. Considering that lower receiver prices are at an all time low price and that I can not find a dedicated lower. So the question is does anyone know of a source for a template or a way to make a template to drill the holes? Or a shop that can do the work without totally screwing it up?
    Last edited by Pikey; 06-02-18 at 18:11.