Thread: Opinions on cheap 1911's to use as host for .22 Conversion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Opinions on cheap 1911's to use as host for .22 Conversion

I posted this in the 1911 forum several days ago, but didn't get any responses.

I have a Kimber .22 Conversion that I want to put on an inexpensive pistol.

I currently have a GSG 1911 .22 and would like to 'build' another so grandkids can use them.

Putting the .22 conversion on one of my existing .45's is not something I want to do for this project.

Does anyone have any experience with the various budget .45's such as the American Tactical FX45 1911 http://www.southernohiogun.com/handg...fx45-1911.html

I'd rather buy a complete budget pistol so it would be available for use as a loaner .45.

Any thoughts on what to look at and where?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Ruger Mk. series, bull barrel?

I always figured it was cheaper in the long run, AND less hassle.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Ruger Mk. series, bull barrel?

I always figured it was cheaper in the long run, AND less hassle.
    Thanks, I have two of them - both Mk I's one bull, one tapered. I have a Kimber conversion kit that just sets in it's box gathering dust.

I have a habit of building dedicated conversions - not too long ago I bought a LE trade-in G22 to put my Advantage Arms conversion onto.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee