Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help picking 11.5" barrel

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    I have BCM and Sionics RGP barrels in my 11.5" guns and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase them again. Like Fledge said, there is no need to tinker with the Sionics, as they did an excellent job of producing a barrel that flat out runs suppressed and unsuppressed.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have 2 uppers with BCM 11.5's and one with a Ballistic Advantage hansen profile 11.3. Both of them run flawlessly with and without a suppressor and a standard H buffer and non adjustable gas blocks.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Suppressed the .071 port of the Sionics RGP barrel leaves much to be desired in a suppressed build. That is a good size for a non suppressed 11.5 IMO.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We took a couple SBR's out yesterday evening because another thread asking for MOA SBR barrels. I was looking for that thread when I cam across this thread. Anyway, we topped off the Sionics RGP 11.5 with a vortex 3-9 just to try groups. It held 1.5 MOA with multiple 5 round groups. Not cherry picked ammo, just reloads with mixed brass.

Plenty good for an SBR.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I use colt 6933 FBI/HRT HB profile on my pistol. Love it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    I use colt 6933 FBI/HRT HB profile on my pistol. Love it.
    I have one of these barrels as well and it runs great with a Geissele Super42 H2 without a suppressor. I run it mostly suppressed so installed a BRT .063 HD port insert into a Geissele super gas block and now it's a pleasure to shoot suppressed with the same buffer setup as well. I wish these barrels weren't as expensive as they are because they are awesome.
    Last edited by Rogue556; 06-18-18 at 12:17.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    I have one of these barrels as well and it runs great with a Geissele Super42 H2 without a suppressor. I run it mostly suppressed so installed a BRT .063 HD port insert into a Geissele super gas block and now it's a pleasure to shoot suppressed with the same buffer setup as well. I wish these barrels weren't as expensive as they are because they are awesome.
    What did you pay for yours and where did you get it?

Feedback Score
    I got the barrel from G&R for about 275$ I think. About a year ago

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    What did you pay for yours and where did you get it?
    I think shark arms has them for around $300 right now if G&R doesn't have any. They have some of the cheapest Colt pricing I have seen anywhere. I would suggest a call/email as their website really needs an update, but they are GTG as a vendor

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The 11.5" heavy is an awesome barrel, and is now used by a number of law enforcement "agencies." It cycles better than the 10.3" and the heavy holds upon for suppressed and rapid fire much better than the M4 profile. It is just the right barrel, from an engineering standpoint for SBR functioning, suppressed and unsuppressed. There are opinions on the right gas port sizing. The Colt 11.5" comes at 0.070," which we have found to be ideal. There are arguments that maybe a smidge less is better. 0.063" seems a bit small, but that will depend upon the suppressor and buffer (and gas pressure).

As to pricing, Colt is always going to be more expensive in the 14.5" and shorter lengths. Those lengths are requested by LE customers, shooting enthusiasts and collectors, and they are also not produced in the same numbers as the 16" barrels by Colt, and Colt is much more focused on building full rifles, and not selling barrels and parts, so when your source gets parts, they usually get much less than they ask for, and much later than they expected, so there are chronic shortages of the great parts that many of us want. That leads to purveyors of Colt products a) being out of stock for long periods of time, or; b) having higher prices listed, or; c) offering alternatives (like cut-downs).
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast