Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures: Glock Stock Sights vs. Blacked-Out Rear Sight/Hi-Viz Front Sight

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Pictures: Glock Stock Sights vs. Blacked-Out Rear Sight/Hi-Viz Front Sight

All,

I know there are a lot of sight options out there (e.g. three dot, "dot the I", etc), but it seems like there's a growing consensus that one should have a plain black rear sight and a brighter front sight post (i.e. fiber optic, tritium, what-have-you).

Here is what I hope are some helpful comparison photos. I lined up two Glock slides side-by-side. The one on the left has the stock Glock sights, the one on the right has a simple Hi-Viz fiber optic front sight with a factory rear sight that I blacked out with a Sharpie.

When the rear sight comes into focus, the factory sight is clearly "busy". There's a lot going on, and the eye is naturally drawn towards the big white U-shape:

When the front sight comes into focus, the bright green really stands out without any distraction.

Of course, there are limitations. Fiber optics ≠ night sights, so one of these days I'm going to get proper Ameriglo Hackathorns (photo taken from Amazon's product page):

https://www.amazon.com/AmeriGlo-GL-4.../dp/B005BSOHMI

But for under $25, I feel like I vastly improved my sight picture.

V/R,
    butlers
    Last edited by butlers; 06-05-18 at 00:28.
    "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards."
    William Francis Butler

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm a huge fan of Ameriglo when it comes to night sights. The Hack's are the best value out there as you can usually get them shipped to your door for about $60 from Optics Planet (with coupon). Fiber optics are also a good choice if you're looking for a more pin-point / precision set up. I'm addicted to collecting / trying sights... Here's a few pics of one's I use regularly.
    Sights by Michael Starmer, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'm a huge 10-8 Performance F/O fan. I find them quick and accurate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i just went from factory glock night sights to ameriglo one dot fronts and black out rear becuase i went the rmr route. its definitely a "cleaner" look when you aim. the distraction isnt there with the rear sight and just makes you draw from feel, from repetition. you stop worrying about trying to line up the three dots to just drawing by habbit.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Same here. I used yellow since I wanted a little difference from the red dot.
    RMRAmeriglo by Michael Starmer, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    I use Dawson adjustable fiber optic sights now on my carry guns. Much easier to focus on a single plane. On my G34MOS, I run a black front. I don't see much use for night sights for things G19-sized or larger since they will all have a U-boat on them anyhow.

Feedback Score
    I've been running the Ameriglo T-CAP sights since they came out with the Dave Spaulding serrated rear sight. I really like the setup. The bright orange square just really pops and comes on target quick.

Mstarmer - that is a great pic. Wish I had seen that ages ago before dumping a ton of money into sights I ultimately didn't stay with.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Pictures: Glock Stock Sights vs. Blacked-Out Rear Sight/Hi-Viz Front Sight

I like Ameriglo I-Dot Pro’s as well as their Protector set. Here’s the I- Dot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Trijicon HD & the Ameriglo FBI contract sights are the way to go. I like the Trij HDs for shooting suppressed with my Ospreys since they are a bit taller but the Ameriglos are pretty damn good too. I have either Trijicon HDs or Ameriglo FBI sights on all my Glocks except my 43 which has a squared off rear sight instead of the U.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm a big fan of 10-8 "U" notch sights. I'm trying to get used to the Ameriglo Pro (not FBI model) sights that came on my G19, and while I love the bright orange outline on the front, I still prefer the 10-8s on my 3rd gen 19. I'm not ready to go the optic route, yet, but I may with a Gen 5 34, just because.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast