Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charged with felony for tannerite

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Charged with felony for tannerite

https://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com...ite/664818002/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MANSFIELD - Two men accused of detonating an explosive used for target practice could face charges.

Deputies responded to calls of shots fired or an explosion after 3 p.m. Friday in the area of a yellow house along Ohio 39 near Interstate 71, according to Richland County Sheriff's Maj. Joe Masi.

A 75-year-old resident told deputies the explosions shook his house.

Masi said the men had detonated Tannerite on the property. Felony charges will be forwarded to the Richland County Prosecutor's Office, he said.

No injuries were reported.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Geezers being geezers. Go after the parents.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not following what the felony is/was?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Each year across this nation, tens of thousands of great patriotic local, city, state, and government bureaucrats come up with hundreds of thousands of new laws, codes, or edicts- to guide every waking moment of our lives. Without millions of laws, we would certainly falter into anarchy. It is our duty as loyal citizens to memorize and follow each of these laws as well as report others who fail to do so, in order to fully enjoy the freedom our founding fathers' intended.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Each year across this nation, tens of thousands of great patriotic local, city, state, and government bureaucrats come up with hundreds of thousands of new laws, codes, or edicts- to guide every waking moment of our lives. Without millions of laws, we would certainly falter into anarchy. It is our duty as loyal citizens to memorize and follow each of these laws as well as report others who fail to do so, in order to fully enjoy the freedom our founding fathers' intended.
    The average American now commits 3 felonies daily, unawares.

Choose your crime WISELY...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I'm not following what the felony is/was?
    It would appear that Ohio changed the law and tannerite is no longer legal to have or use.
    Unfortunately it's still being sold and these two guys became the test case/example depending on how you look at it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    It would appear that Ohio changed the law and tannerite is no longer legal to have or use.
    Unfortunately it's still being sold and these two guys became the test case/example depending on how you look at it.
    Ah. Well that sucks. I thought Ohio was relatively safe. Relatively.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Fireworks over 1.4g are illegal to set off in OH, but can be purchased.
    You can pretty much do what you want until you do something stupid, like set off pounds of tannerite.
    If you want to do something LOUD, make sure its legal.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Fireworks over 1.4g are illegal to set off in OH, but can be purchased.
    You can pretty much do what you want until you do something stupid, like set off pounds of tannerite.
    If you want to do something LOUD, make sure its legal.
    That's really stupid. Like saying "cocaine is legal to possess, but don't you dare use any."

I'm not in favor of any stupidity, which seems to be common with Tannerite, but I do believe that a system of law is only legitimate if the laws are clearly defined and can realistically be known in advance.

7n6, indeed it is our great patriotic duty to memorize millions of lines of legislation, codified and recodified statutes, AG interpretations, case law, regulations, administrative rules, and agency pronouncements that have no formal legal validity, but treated by the agency as if they had the force of law.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    That's really stupid. Like saying "cocaine is legal to possess, but don't you dare use any."

I'm not in favor of any stupidity, which seems to be common with Tannerite, but I do believe that a system of law is only legitimate if the laws are clearly defined and can realistically be known in advance.

7n6, indeed it is our great patriotic duty to memorize millions of lines of legislation, codified and recodified statutes, AG interpretations, case law, regulations, administrative rules, and agency pronouncements that have no formal legal validity, but treated by the agency as if they had the force of law.
    I agree laws like this are dumb, but they're everywhere. Why? Because government is really good at kicking the can down the road. Pass a law, don't worry about second and third order effects, don't worry about enforcement, until a test case comes up then spend tons of $$$ creating case law that makes things even more confusing.

This is what I hammer home every time I discuss gun laws with my more liberal friends and family. Everyone I know advocating for stricter gun control just assumes government will figure out the details and the mechanisms for enforcement will magically work. Nope.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast