Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Expectations

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Sure thing brother, but if I may ask first...check the thread below to confirm that all my pics are dead photofukit links. A few months ago when I was switching to Imgur, I checked some of my old threads and to my disappointment they were totally wrecked by huge chucks of dead pic links. However flash forward to a few weeks back when Photofukit announced new management and the reversal of the several hundred dollar yearly hosting fee....so I figured might as well see if the pic links in the threads are back up and working. Sure enough, the few I checked all had the original photos posted instead of the previous dead links. Now this might be a case where only I can see the pics or something since their mine, but I don't think so.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...LW-5-56-barrel

If you can't see the pics, then just let me know, and I'll redo the original thread but this time with Imgur pic links.
    First three photos aren’t loading for me but I can see all of the other ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Sure thing brother, but if I may ask first...check the thread below to confirm that all my pics are dead photofukit links. A few months ago when I was switching to Imgur, I checked some of my old threads and to my disappointment they were totally wrecked by huge chucks of dead pic links. However flash forward to a few weeks back when Photofukit announced new management and the reversal of the several hundred dollar yearly hosting fee....so I figured might as well see if the pic links in the threads are back up and working. Sure enough, the few I checked all had the original photos posted instead of the previous dead links. Now this might be a case where only I can see the pics or something since their mine, but I don't think so.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...LW-5-56-barrel

If you can't see the pics, then just let me know, and I'll redo the original thread but this time with Imgur pic links.
    Everything looks good, thanks!

I picked up a what is supposedly a DD made barrel in Ballistic Advantage's Hanson profile and was looking for some data to compare it to, so far you have the only good data on DD lightweight barrels.

Im hoping this profile will help with the heat degradation while still keeping the weight down.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I just got finished with Buck Doyles LR scoped rifle class. I ran a 18in 223 wylde white oak armament upper and we took my gun out to 1100m with just imi 77 grain on 12in targets. I also saw a 14.5in (wilson combat stainless) and 16in (bcm kd4 upper) midlength guns easily make it out to 800m so those are all attainable distances for sure. What i also learned is that in a spr'ish role i wanted a little more magnification to successfully range and identify my target and imo you dont need a 18in 556 gun to make effective hits within 556s effective terminal envelope. I found myself wishing i had brought my 14.5 with sf mini while running around the mountain desert at 10k feet haha. I was using a 4-16 NF atacr and found myself ranging at 14 to16 and dialing down to engage targets between 9 and 12 magnification for the most part. As long as your gun can give you sub 1.5in 10 round groups then it will be a solid performer assuming you arent the underperforming variable. Also, bubble levels are really helpful past 500m.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used to have a 6-24 PST on a 308 bolt gun. Even at 1000 yards I was never shooting above 16 power. Sold that and bought a NF NSX 3-15 and shot that scope at 12 power at 1000 yards.

If I were you, I'd look at a lower powered scope. More like a 4-16 to better fit the rifle.
    Last edited by C-grunt; 06-09-18 at 18:12.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I recently got a Sightron S-tac 3-16x42 scope and I'm very pleased with it. I think it's a great mag range for an SPR type rifle. Might wanna check those out.

Feedback Score
    I have a 2-10 pstii on an ar and like it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I picked up a what is supposedly a DD made barrel in Ballistic Advantage's Hanson profile and was looking for some data to compare it to, so far you have the only good data on DD lightweight barrels.

Im hoping this profile will help with the heat degradation while still keeping the weight down.
    I grabbed one of these, too, and will be putting it into a 14.5 build that I'll be finishing in the next few weeks. Very interested to see how the final product ends up. I was stuck between getting one of these and a Noveske Afghan barrel, and will probably just end up building an Afghan upper with a Leupold 3-9 on it...

Also, my bolt gun wears an ATACR 4-16F1, and it is a badass little optic. I'd really recommend one as a mid power variable. I don't have a massive breadth of experience with optics... because I landed on a near perfect one after some serious research.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 06-18-18 at 15:37. Reason: bolt gun, ATACR

Feedback Score
    I prefer 6-18 power scopes and wouldn't complain if I had a little more magnification under most of my shooting conditions. 1.5 MOA groups with most factory barrels and ammo should be acceptable. I can shoot sub MOA ten shot groups with some of my AR's but these are not standard barrels and hand loads tuned to each gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    I grabbed one of these, too, and will be putting it into a 14.5 build that I'll be finishing in the next few weeks. Very interested to see how the final product ends up. I was stuck between getting one of these and a Noveske Afghan barrel, and will probably just end up building an Afghan upper with a Leupold 3-9 on it...

Also, my bolt gun wears an ATACR 4-16F1, and it is a badass little optic. I'd really recommend one as a mid power variable. I don't have a massive breadth of experience with optics... because I landed on a near perfect one after some serious research.

Where did you get the barrel from? BA?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Where did you get the barrel from? BA?
    AIM Surplus has them in stock. Try code bryanfreakingrocks for a discount. This version comes with a pinned gas block which is nice

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...k&groupid=6457

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast