G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob Marshall Hike

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sierratradingpost is your friend. My backpacking sleeping bag is a marmot 650 fill 20 degree down bag. My tent is an Easton rimrock 1p.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    snip

My last piece of the puzzle is the sleeping system. I am planning on taking just the green summer bag from my military sleeping system, but am looking for a compression sack to get it as small as possible. Any recommendations?
    We've used the Sea to Summit Ultra Sil Compression Sacks on multiple trips a year for over 10 years and haven't been able to break them yet. They are also among the lightest compression sacks we've found. I don't have any recent experience with the mil sleep system, but I remember it being somewhat bulky compared to commercial bags. So I'd recommend getting a large size (20 liters) if you decide to go with one.

Sea to Summit

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For my summer ruck at work, I keep the green bag in an OR Airpurge Compression Sack. In the winter I swap out to a Marmot down 0 degree bag.
    ORX.150-2.jpg
    "It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission." -RADM Hopper

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Tortuga, how small does it get?
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12