Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint ACRO P-1 Micro Red Dot Sight

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Its .9" taller than an RMR. Adjustable LED RMR is 1" high, this is 1.9". The DPP which is already so high that it typically has very few options to cowitness is 1.3" high. The H1 is 1.4" high without a mount, 1.6" with the low mount. Not sure what you're talking about.
    This is true about the co-witnessing on a DPP> I had to call dawson and have a custom front sight made for my DPP combo. .450" is a really high front sight, and I am sorta glad I got an adjustibvle rear sight, though looking back, i wish I had Dawson make a custom rear sight and have a dovetail milled in front of the DPP so I could at least shoot without the DPP on the gun at all if need be.

The DPP has been great so far FWIW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    Why only a 50 mah cr1225 battery? That is pathetic. The 2032 in the RMR has more than 4 times the capacity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Looks like an old GoPro camera.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fouled View Post
    Why only a 50 mah cr1225 battery? That is pathetic. The 2032 in the RMR has more than 4 times the capacity.
    It's also irrelevant.

According to Aimpoint's published specs, the P1's battery life is over a year of constant use.

Can you leave a Trijicon RMR on for a year on a single battery? Nope, the answer to that question is 25 days when left on.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_RMR.php

The last time I checked, 365 is greater than 25, even for very large values of 25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    It's also irrelevant.

According to Aimpoint's published specs, the P1's battery life is over a year of constant use.

Can you leave a Trijicon RMR on for a year on a single battery? Nope, the answer to that question is 25 days when left on.

The last time I checked, 365 is greater than 25, even for very large values of 25.
    To be fair, that RMR quote is for position 8 out of 8; at position 4 of 8, the adjustable RMRs are good for 4 years. The 1 year life for the Aimpoint is for position 6 of 10, and 4 of the positions are for NVD. Given that the RMR adjustable has 2 NVD levels, the position 4 of 8 on the RMR and the Aimpoint position 6 out of 10 is relatively comparable, so one could extrapolate that the RMR does indeed have 4 times the battery life, although I'll note that the RMR at 4 out of 8 is unusable for me in the day, while Aimpoint does claim that position 6's one year is "Battery life - Day time use".

That being said, I do agree that it's irrelevant, given that the battery can be changed without removing the optic, along with the fact that very few people leave their optic on top brightness; I have never used the 8 out of 8 on my RMR, even at the peak of noon in the desert.

I suspect the battery choice was simply a sacrifice they made in order to make the form factor fit, since it's on the side and not at the bottom, which in theory allows for lower mounting of the optic.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 06-13-18 at 22:29.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    It's also irrelevant.

I am not making a case for the RMR. I only mention the RMR as a reference to a smaller sight with a much bigger battery.

I usually leave my Aimpoint sight 2 settings brighter than the setting relevant to their quoted battery life. This lowers battery life dramatically.

Hensoldt put a 1500 mah cr123 battery in one of their precision rifle scopes citing the need for cold weather reliability.

Feedback Score
    It's also irrelevant.

I have had an RMR for 5 years and I can tell you the battery lasts a lot longer than 25 days on a day bright setting. The highest setting is too bright to have any purpose. I'm yet to change the battery on my RMR but I don't always leave it on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fouled View Post
    I have had an RMR for 5 years and I can tell you the battery lasts a lot longer than 25 days on a day bright setting. The highest setting is too bright to have any purpose. I'm yet to change the battery on my RMR but I don't always leave it on.
    The brightest setting is for when you activate your 600-1200 lumen light.

Feedback Score
    No pricing. No availability date. No mounting specifications.

Honestly Aimpoint, why did you even bother talking about this now?

Feedback Score
    Looks a bit smaller than a T1

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast