Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to RMR

Feedback Score

New to RMR

I am gonna get into shooting with an RMR I picked up an atom slide and it came with their sights and I got an rmr type 2. My question is how do you sight in the rmr before shooting it? Do you just co witness it with the sights similar to a red dot on a rifle?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Pick a distance you want it zeroed at and zero it at that distance. Your iron sights will have a zero somewhere between 5 and 25 yards. You’ll have to shoot B8s to figure out what they are. My armeriglos are somewhere between like 7 and 10 yards. I zeroed my RMR at 10. 10, 15, 25 seem to be the popular ones. I initially did the exact co witness thing but it just didn’t seem to work right. When I picked a zero and went with it it felt much more natural.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Lollipopping like you would on an AR dot should be close enough to get you on paper. Once you get to the range, I'd start at 10 to make sure and then push back to your desired zero distance. Zeroing a dot on a pistol was really weird to me.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Lollipopping like you would on an AR dot should be close enough to get you on paper. Once you get to the range, I'd start at 10 to make sure and then push back to your desired zero distance. Zeroing a dot on a pistol was really weird to me.
    This is how I’ve done it, works very well.

Feedback Score
    ^agree

Lillipop it.

Go to 10 and sight in slightly low with a few rounds, or close enough(within an inch or so)

Go to 25 and get a rough zero. Shoot a 10 shot group, adjust, 10 shot group to confirm. Leave range.

Come back and shoot fresh 10 shot group (fresh but not necessarily cold), to confirm zero- make minor adjustments.
    Use carry ammo.

I actually shot a few 10 shot groups over the course of a few weeks before making final adjustment to bring average center over the bull. Too much variability to base on 1 range trip IMO

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Am I the only one that recognizes the fallacy of non-machine rested 10 shot groups?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Am I the only one that recognizes the fallacy of non-machine rested 10 shot groups?
    I’m not sure what you mean by this. Sighting in a pistol is completely different than determining its mechanical accuracy.

If I’m firing a pistol, it won’t be machine rested. I’d like my POI to match MY POA, not some machine’s.

And a 10 round group that I’VE shot will give a good data set indicating where MY shots are hitting.

Feedback Score
    I dont know what this means. What is the mistaken belief?
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-10-18 at 10:50.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Do you zero your rifles from the prone or from machine rests?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I took a class with Modern Samurai Project recently. As I recall, Scott that he sights gets it on paper at the 5 yard line, then sights in at the 10 and calls it good.

It was something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast