Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you go without BUIS?

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

How many of you go without BUIS?

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have a red dot or some other optic and have NO flip up/back up/offset/iron sights?

Or, how many of you just have a front sight?

I know this sounds like a stupid question but I have noticed a lot of setups that have no sights other than a red dot or holographic sight. I have seen a lot of youtube videos where SF guys have a micro T-1, comp m4s, eotech and no BUIS at all? Thought it was worth asking. I understand that sometimes a rear flip up wont fit with a particular optic or wont allow you to place an optic where you need it.

Just asking, if not, what is your reason?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have also noticed this trend and posted this thread many months ago.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...cs+reliability

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    A decent dress shirt comes with a couple of spare buttons sewed on the shirt tail. I don't remember ever have to use them. Do you? I have never been in a situation where BUIS were needed but I have them just in case. I look at them as cheap insurance. Like the spare buttons.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Difficult question to answer on an enthusiast's forum such as this where a great many of it's members have more than one.

Personally, I have two with red dots with fixed sights front and rear and two with scopes with no BUIS at all.

If zombies were to invade, my go to would be the one with the EoTech and fixed sites. Not because of the fixed sites, but overall, that particular one is best set up to repel zombies.

With a quality optic, I see no need for BUIS for civilian use.

Feedback Score
    I have backups on any gun I would ever use for hd/shtf. I have a precision oriented with 3x15 with no backup sights. It's just a range gun so I don't think it's essential.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’m still waiting for a company to come out with an RDS mount that has a rear sight peep integrated into it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    I’m still waiting for a company to come out with an RDS mount that has a rear sight peep integrated into it
    Elcan. ACOG.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I imagine I sound like a broken record.
    But if a weapon runs CQ optics, so any RDS or HWS, it gets fixed sights. I’ve used this config to the point I don’t even notice the rear sight. I am trying a spring loaded folding rear sight behind a micro RDS, and it is cleaner. It pops up in a second. Al though.

I’ll also say that in the Army, Mr. Murphy made many surprise appearances. So as soon as I say, “It’s an CompM4S, it’ll never break, it will get struck by lightening. (Hyperbole, maybe.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There are many factors as to why a gun of mine may or may not have buis.

Red dots for me I want to have buis. I think they are the least likely to fail. I think the battery itself is the weak link on something as tough as an aim point. That said I do have one gun that is high railed so buis really sucked on it with the aiming so low. It’s a pdw and I’m comfortable with it as set up.

I have other guns where I see no real issue with reliability. My nightforce 1-4 NXS is a good example of this. I run this with great confidence in a geiselle Mount. No buis. This is my shtf gun.

I do put buis on guns with qd mounts. This not as back up, but so the gun is useable with out an optic. I have more guns than good optics.

Lastly especially in regards to a back up and high speed units, they have a laser as a back up. The last Vtac class I took had 5 army rangers in it. None of them had Buis. They all had peq15 on their guns. I feel the same way for guns I have a laser on too

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just remember, they are only backups until they become your primary.

For a range toy, I don't think they are essential, but I put them on everything I have; JIC.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast