Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you go without BUIS?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, the only reasons not to have back up irons sights on your rifle, is their weight and cost. If they are ever needed when my life is on the line, the little bit of extra weight they add to my rifle or their cost is nothing.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I run buis on all my guns except my dedicated night vision sbr set up. I run fixed irons on all my red dot only guns and eotechs. If you run an eotech, i would always recommend buis and in particular, fixed irons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Two yes, one no. The Colt Trooper with the Steiner P4xi does not wear any. With a non-QD mount, taking the time to pull the scope to then be able to open the rear sight does not make sense. And since I would have to get two upgrades to be able to be called "Low Speed, High Drag", it just isn't as important to me.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    3 gun setups don't have BUIS but other rifles have them.

Feedback Score
    I don't have BUIS on my 9" 300BLK. The barrel/rail is too short and the front sight is where my thumb would rest. It's the last rifle I would grab in a home defense situation, so it's no big deal.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    My guns with red dots have BUIS. They were folding but I'll be transitioning to Scalarworks fixed fronts when they come back in stock, and keep the folding rear MBUS PROs. I took them off of the gun with an LPVO though. Technically its not my dedicated HD gun and the etched reticle provides the back-up capability that I need if the electronics go down.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Better to have and not need, then need and not have. If an AR setup is purely and only for range fun and training, no BUIS might be reasonable, but .... otherwise ... optics can and do fail, wink out, malfunction, run out of battery power and Murphy's law "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance" applies. BUIS do not weigh that much, in fact, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, etc.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    I had a TA-31RCO on a gun for a Kyle Defoor class. After about 2 hours of not being able to make the reticle work for me on drills under 50yds, I ended up running irons the rest of the week. And I’d used that setup for plenty of matches and exercises so I thought I was gtg with it. Shit ALWAYS happens when you least expect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Funny. I just put a Trijicon TA31 on a new carbine and decided not to go with BUIS.

Frankly, my biggest reason why was I wanted to mount the TA31 a little further aft (has the Trijicon factory mount) due to the short eye relief of the optic. Didn’t leave enough room for a rear BUIS.

All other carbines have BUIS including RDS and LPVO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I run back up sights on all of my rifles. If I manage to get my hands on an ACOG, I may try the new hotness of mounting it at the very back end of the receiver, and forego a rear BUIS. Until then, all of my rifles will have BUIS.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast