Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle Brake Recommendations for AK

Feedback Score
    The ak74 brake is superb at reducing recoil and muzzle climb. The 4 piece does some, but not much to reduce recoil, it is useful for increasing cycling pressure, redirecting concussion downrange, and somewhat reduces flash signature. Generally the 4 piece is recommended for short barrels with obnoxious blast,

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I dig the Spikes Tactical version.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    Not a hijack at all, IMO, but precisely what I'm asking for here. By way of follow up, I opted for the Circle 10 device that replicates the "Jet" brake from Russia.

Feedback Score
    That circle 10 replica is to much brake for me. The effective barrel length on my rifle will be 12.25 once it’s cut to the FSP. The Bulgarian 4pc seems to eliminate 99% of flash, I’m leaning towards it the most. From my reading I don’t really need the increase in cyclic pressure on a 12 inch barrel, I may grab both the ak74 and bulgy brake and do a little comparison.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by my9thtry View Post
    Don't mean to hijack but I believe we can compile a good thread since I'm looking at 24mm thread devices too. I have an SLR107cr I just picked up and am not 100% decided on muzzle device either. I'm think either the AK74 brake or the Bulgarian 4pc. Does anyone have experience with both?
    Both are made for 5.45x39, so I wouldn't risk a bullet strike. Assuming that your 107CR doesn't need boost to run cycle reliably, I'd recommend CNC Warrior's A2 flash hider. The slots are on top to offset the muzzle rise. I use this on both my 104UR, 107UR and mutt (similar to 107CR).
    http://www.cncwarrior.com/Bulgarian-...FH-p/23742.htm

The price is reasonable too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by my9thtry View Post
    That circle 10 replica is to much brake for me. The effective barrel length on my rifle will be 12.25 once it’s cut to the FSP. The Bulgarian 4pc seems to eliminate 99% of flash, I’m leaning towards it the most. From my reading I don’t really need the increase in cyclic pressure on a 12 inch barrel, I may grab both the ak74 and bulgy brake and do a little comparison.

Yup, if I had a SBR AK, I would not put a long brake on it. I like it on my full size because it works great, does what I want it to do, etc. I guess that is stating the obvious, but there you go.

Feedback Score
    The ak74 brakes are sized for 5.45 and need to be opened up for 7.62 use. The 4 piece are sized for 7.62 and good to go.
    I do recommend cnc warrior for the 4 piece great quality and great price. With the ak104 (cr) I dont think you'll go wrong with the 4 piece, if I'm not mistaken thats the rifle they were specifically designed for, and besides they look cool as shit on there and we all know thats what's really important

I have an extended 4 piece on my ak105 to bring it to 16, and its really a pleasure, eventually ill sbr it but ill still run a 4 piece
    Last edited by Chris Bonesteel; 06-24-18 at 12:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bonesteel View Post
    Besides they look cool as shit on there and we all know that's what's really important.
    I thought this went without saying, but ...

Always look cool.
    Never get lost.
    If you get lost, still look cool.

Feedback Score
    Also dont forget that the cr has the detent at 2:00 instead of 12:00, if you get anything with compensation, you will have to have a detent notch at 2:00, most brakes do not. Another reason for the 4 piece

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Both are made for 5.45x39, so I wouldn't risk a bullet strike. Assuming that your 107CR doesn't need boost to run cycle reliably, I'd recommend CNC Warrior's A2 flash hider. The slots are on top to offset the muzzle rise. I use this on both my 104UR, 107UR and mutt (similar to 107CR).
    http://www.cncwarrior.com/Bulgarian-...FH-p/23742.htm

The price is reasonable too.

I have an original from Bulgaria on one of my 106FR's, they look cool and make it easy to tell which rifles are 5.56 vs 5.45.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast