Thread: Magill's Glock Store Reset Trigger

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Magill's Glock Store Reset Trigger

I don't know if this the right place for this.

I'm looking for a true reset trigger that replicates the short 1/8ish reset of the Glock trigger after a shot rather than the full forward reset.

I have used the Glock17R's, the SIRTS and some older custom reset kits for the ICAT training system, as well as ones I've made. None of them have been conducive to dry fire practice for someone who uses the short reset versus full release.

I was on the Magill's Glock Store site checking on an order I had with them and saw their 'Reset Trigger and Magic Bullet Kit Item #8155.'

In looking at the pictures I saw that the firing pin has a spring on the rear which compresses against the slide cover plate. This is unlike any reset kit I've worked with and I had hopes that it's purpose was to allow for the short reset.

I've spent the last couple hours watching Lenny Magill video's where he takes 20 minutes to cover 2 minutes worth of material and haven't been able to determine the answer.

I really don't want to go out the door for 200.00 and end up with a trigger which is like the one's I've made.

Any of you have any experience with this trigger?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Disclaimer: not what you asked - just my 2 cents.

I practice resetting glock triggers by dry-firing and immediately relaxing the finger(gun resets itself) During live fire, its the same, then i pull when sight picture is sufficient. I do not suggest trying to extend the trigger finger to, and only to the point of reset.

I am not a pro, just sharing perspective.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Disclaimer: not what you asked - just my 2 cents.

I practice resetting glock triggers by dry-firing and immediately relaxing the finger(gun resets itself) During live fire, its the same, then i pull when sight picture is sufficient. I do not suggest trying to extend the trigger finger to, and only to the point of reset.

I am not a pro, just sharing perspective.
    I appreciate the perspective, and understand the technique. However, after spending a decade running S&W DA/SA pistols just to the point of reset, I transferred the just to the reset techniques over to Glocks.

I tried to do as you recommend for a while, but it ain't my cup of tea. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've come up short of the reset in over 30 years of doing it that way on auto pistols.

I need a dry-fire trigger that gives me the same tactile experience.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee