Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dems pushing gun licensing & registration

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    The irony here (and there are too many to count) to me is that the folks in government pushing this issue no nothing of history and seemed hell bent on repeating some of the worst of it.
    Prohibition, War on Drugs Anyone?
    By attempting to prohibit firearms they will simply push that section of the economy underground and any semblance of regulation and control will go out all together, baby and bathwater.
    This will simply guarantee that a large number of Americans will be made felons over night and some of them will naturally resent and resist that. The push back will be an underground market for arms and ammunition that will make old school, do it yourself bathtub gin look like trading baseball cards.
    By the way, if you're going to jail for Grandpa's 870, or a zip gun you made in the garage, you might as well go all out and turn out a Sten gun that will at least give you a fighting chance when they kick your door in.
    This exactly. Make me an overnight felon? Nah, I'll earn it, by God!

Feedback Score
    Yeah.

I remember in the 80s and even into the 90s people talked about having stuff for when SHTF.

You would hear people saying have the stuff on hand for your APERs and stuff 37mm, to make some of the easy full auto parts kits, etc.

The logic they were using was, don’t do a crime now, but when things get bad and it does not matter have it on hand.
    (Minus the constructive intent bullshit there is now)

If you make someone a felon, it’s just game on. These sickening courts are hammering gun owners with consequences worse than the gangbanger gunning down someone and taking a manslaughter charge, or the pedophile rapist with 90 days probation.

You guys can speak for the circles you run in.

In the circles I run in, there are a bunch of 40, 50, even 60 year old former SOF guys with a ton of experience that remember a much freer country, let alone the closing vice of insanity. The left seemed very happy slowly bringing the frog to a boil, but totally lost it and went full retard when about 99% of the surface area of the country voted for Trump.

Things are already bad enough I really wonder what is going to go down when one finds out they have colon cancer, their daughter or grand daughter OD’d at college, or was raped by a refuge, has a brain tumor and expected to live for six months or something.

When some more laws come down and things get worse, most guys with families and kids in school are going to toe the line.

But beware the former silverbacks that are no longer breeding.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    A local PD in NJ just posted how proud they are of their new MRAP. It's for high water rescue they said. Sure it is slappy, sure it is.
    The problem is the police are local and have families. Actually when guns are banned 99.4% of the people will turn them in.. I have been in the game a long time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Tammy Duckworth is a traumatically double amputated former Army helicopter pilot who used her disabled veteran status to get into Congress.
    Now the Demoncrats are using her for their emotional anti gun bill, Tammy; she just wants to stay in Congress, it beats working for a living.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Do any of you find it remotely interesting that several major cities and sheriffs offices around the country are buying surplus military armored vehicles at an alarming rate?

Or do you find it odd that while democrats are pushing for gun control, meanwhile, cities like Dallas, Houston, Miami, New York, San Diego, Los Angeles, Baltimore, Boston, Cincinnati, Detroit etc. are creating almost Tier 1 like tactical teams that have done away from the traditional police/swat uniform and have started to look more like Seal Teams with multicam, Crye, Opscore etc?

I noticed when watching the news during the Boston Bombing that a particular "Boston Police Department" marked Stryker with a turret mounted RWS M2 was cruising around the city, like wise, a few years ago when a few Dallas Policemen were gunned down at a BLM march, there were at least 6 MRAP's and M1117's driving around down town Dallas.

Makes you think that potentially one day, they will have the resources in place to enforce their gun ban. You and I will still be concerned about shouldering our arm braces and making sure our OAL is 16" plus a few just to be safe.
    I’ve been talking about that one thing ever since it happened. The optics of it were just bad. I’ve been in a lot of discussions with people,non LEO, who were all for it in the name of protecting the public and the people responsible for it.

I pointed out that it’s not a huge jump in logic to imagine that same armored patrol roving around your street to enforce curfew during “time of national need.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I pointed out that it’s not a huge jump in logic to imagine that same armored patrol roving around your street to enforce curfew during “time of national need.”
    Check out the images and footage from the man hunt in Boston after the marathon bombing.

One particular picture shows a SWAT officer pointing his rifle at a citizen peering out their living room window as they rolled down main street in their Bearcat.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Hillary Clinton called for more gun control while speaking to some activists in San Francisco.

......And I refuse to quote it or post a link to it because it's time for the irrelevant bitch to go away.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Makes you think that potentially one day, they will have the resources in place to enforce their gun ban. You and I will still be concerned about shouldering our arm braces and making sure our OAL is 16" plus a few just to be safe.
    They certainly will. The finest military equipment Uncle Sam can donate will be brought to bear to accomplish this task.

The police are not your friends, and are not "on our side". Sure, many individual officers are good people who just want to help others, however the institution of law enforcement is a tool of the state and it will not hesitate to enforce the state's will. When the orders come down, any officers that refuse or protests will be replaced with others who will have no issue with the task. Don't kid yourself...There are no shortage of people in this world who would relish the opportunity to strap on a badge and murder citizens under color of authority. They'll wake up early, load the MRAPs, steamroll your ass, then go have a breakfast burrito. And, at the end of the day, most everyone else in society will think you got what you deserved because only criminals need firearms and you didn't sheepishly hand over your shit when they shot a concussion grenade through your window and into your wife.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    They certainly will. The finest military equipment Uncle Sam can donate will be brought to bear to accomplish this task.

The police are not your friends, and are not "on our side". Sure, many individual officers are good people who just want to help others, however the institution of law enforcement is a tool of the state and it will not hesitate to enforce the state's will. When the orders come down, any officers that refuse or protests will be replaced with others who will have no issue with the task. Don't kid yourself...There are no shortage of people in this world who would relish the opportunity to strap on a badge and murder citizens under color of authority. They'll wake up early, load the MRAPs, steamroll your ass, then go have a breakfast burrito. And, at the end of the day, most everyone else in society will think you got what you deserved because only criminals need firearms and you didn't sheepishly hand over your shit when they shot a concussion grenade through your window and into your wife.
    I don't completely agree on this. The overwhelming majority of LE agencies are small or medium sized city & county agencies, with zero, or nearly zero, control directly exerted by state or federal government authorities. I'm referring to cities with a population of under 100,000 and the counties these cities are in. These agencies are staffed by mostly pro-gun folks who deal with the ugliness of the real world, so they know a lot of truths that folks voted into office who've never worked a real job of any kind will never know. There certainly are kool-aid drinkers who will follow any order, but they're a minority. LE is comprised of normal folks, with some differences, but far more in common with every other citizen. I'm not thinking there'll be a lot of these agencies openly telling state & federal officials to pound sand, but I don't anticipate overwhelming support for gun confiscation, let alone these small LE agencies initiating action to enforce gun confiscation. Some will, but I think very few. When you live in a smaller (under 100,000) community, you are known to your neighbors, how many LE folks do you think wanna run into friends & neighbors at a high school football game, or in a restaurant, or at Wal-Mart, and get asked, "why the hell did you go to my cousins house and confiscate his guns/arrest him? Other than not turning in his guns, he never broke a law in his life." The chiefs & sheriffs in these communities dont want to face this either.

Large LE agencies get most of the media coverage on everything, and I do think that large LE agencies are much more likely to have anti-2A administrators, but even there the rank & file folks working the streets are pretty pro-2A. My experience is limited, so I may be wrong, but I think that if you live outside of a large city, LE is very much your friends and they are on your side regarding the Second Amendment, as well as most everything else.
    Last edited by LMT Shooter; 06-18-18 at 18:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    The overwhelming majority of LE agencies are small or medium sized city & county agencies, with zero, or nearly zero, control directly exerted by state or federal government authorities.
    When things go pear shaped in this country, ALL municipal, county and state LE will be absorbed into the Federal mechanism. If you paid attention to Holder's ramblings during the Obama administration's War on Police you could pick up on the fact that this is one of their goals. To Federalize ALL LE in the country. The US is really the only nation on the planet to have so many LE agencies. Many countries only have a national police force.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast