Thread: Winco Foods Bulk items in general

Feedback Score

Lightbulb Winco Foods Bulk items in general

Anyone go to Winco Foods to get their bulk items / dry goods... Winco has a huge selection they also have "food kits" made for about 6 month periods.. If you have one around you I would definitely recommend checking them out. They also have the cheapest prices I have ever seen for a grocery store to be honest.

Feedback Score
    Greetings & Welcome!

There's a Winco not to terribly far from where I'm situated. I did used to go there for their slice of Pizza. But it's been a couple of years since I've gone back there for groceries or anything. I may have to check out the emergency "food kits" one fine day. Thanks for the heads-up.
    In the chaos of battle, when the ground beneath your feet is a slurry of blood, puke, piss and the entrails of friends and enemies alike, it's easy to turn to the gods for salvation. But it's soldiers who do the fighting, and soldiers who do the dying, and the gods never get their feet wet. —Quintus Dias

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They even have various size food grade buckets with regular snap on and gamma screw on lids. Good prices too. Their dairy products are weeks fresher than Safeway.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We don't have any close but I make it a point when going to a city that has one to stock up. I have bought quite a few things from their "bulk foods" section- beans- they offer a very large selection, much more than just the common pintos, pasta- same thing there, more variety than most places etc....

Last time I went I bought about 5 pounds of dried pineapple. That was 6 months ago, they store really well, just in a ziploc bag. I cut up one ring every morning and add to my oatmeal. Fruit is something that you will want come SHTF.....Testing these pineapple "rings" to see how they store for a year in just the ziploc.....

They are a little high on Gamma Lids but I do like that some of the stores carry MRE contents- basically the individual parts- entree, dessert...so you can make your own "stripped down" MRE that's still in milspec packaging but you include what YOU want and will eat...

In all, great stores. They even include some really good recipes in their bulk food section. I've made the Boston Baked beans, Tapioca pudding and a several other of the recipes and they turned out well and were quite good.