I don’t know man. The whole reason for carrying concealed in the first place is that “you never know”. To go along with that sentiment: “ Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.”

Well, suppose I’m in a situation where 2-3 armed robbers are working as a team? Suppose I have no choice but to engage an active shooter who’s loaded for war? “You never know”. Is my G43 with 8 rounds sufficient for that? Maybe, but I wouldn’t bet my life on it. Im starting to think the “Let’s get as small and thin as possible” fad in carry pistols isn’t the right mindset. Would my G43 be enough to stop 1 attacker? Likely, yes. But am I also failing to prepare and violating both “you never know” and “Better to have it and not need it . . . “? Likely, yes. I will never have advance notice that I’m about to be in a gunfight for my life. I won’t know if it’s one attacker or four. I won’t know how many rounds of HST it’s going to take to end a threat. I won’t know if I will successfully and quickly perform a reload under intense amounts of adrenaline.

All this to say: Is it ever a good idea to carry a tiny low capacity pistol? Will it be sufficient? What is their proper role in a gun collection? Should I carry my G19 by default and only dust off the G43 for those deep-concealment-is-necessary type of outings?