Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for some really dark sunglasses.

Feedback Score
    They got those cheap ones they give to old people at the eye doctor.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Maui Jim - Island Time/ Bamboo Forest: They have solid black, rubberized, polarized and wrap around your face letting in no outside light.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have had pretty much every model of Oakley's over the years. My last pair was polarized Gascans and the lenses started peeling under normal use like some do it yourself tint job on a 1983 Datsun.

I've been wearing ESS 5Bs with mirrored gray ANSI 787+ polarization ever since.

OP, be sure to get her wrap around style sunglasses. The ESS 5Bs are such as was the Gascans, best lenses in the world won't help those with light sensitivity if the sides allow light to spill in.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I wear Flying Fisherman polarized sunglasses. They are cheap, durable, and my current pair has lasted about six years- so whatever.

http://www.flyingfisherman.com/604/Mens.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You should get with a doctor and figure the part of the spectrum that is triggering the migranes - it may not be intensity ( wave amplitude) of the light but rather the type of light (wave length).

I know that is probably something you've been looking at, but you should get a doc's perspective on what rays to block.

I've seen folks that couldn't read under fluorescent lights o just fine with a piece of yellowish film over the page.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm in the eye surgical business and my ex wife sold Maui Jim for years. We learned different people like different lenses. I suffer from night blindness, so I like lighter lenses the rose etc. she has blue eyes and much prefer the grey dark lenses.

Maui Jim are good, Costa etc. I think Oakley are very average for a high price. They are not known for their lenses. They did start their polarized lenses years back but still lack IMHO. Style and functionality, yes. But she might like them. IVE owned several pair of Oakley, so I'm not a hater.

Have her go to a Sun Glass hut, try many pair on and see what her eyes like. Best of luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    They got those cheap ones they give to old people at the eye doctor.

I was waiting for this one..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We went with the Costas with the blue lenses.

Thanks all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12