Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What 11.5" barrel would you go with?

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Agreed. I hope monty does an 11.5in and 12.5in run again. My sionics RGP barrel is equal with my knights cqb mod 2.
    How often does monty do a run of these barrels? Or does anyone speak with him and know of the chances hed make another run soon?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    How often does monty do a run of these barrels? Or does anyone speak with him and know of the chances hed make another run soon?
    He doesnt have any plans to do either of those barrels in the forseable future when i talked to corrie 2 months ago. Maybe stick can help us out with that one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    He doesnt have any plans to do either of those barrels in the forseable future when i talked to corrie 2 months ago. Maybe stick can help us out with that one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yeah that would be great. Maybe if he liked how the other group buy went hed consider it.

Feedback Score
    Would a 16” colt cut down to 11.5 have a gas port good for both supressed and not or would it be too small?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Would a 16” colt cut down to 11.5 have a gas port good for both supressed and not or would it be too small?
    With quality pressure ammo you’d be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Colt MILSPEC port size is .062. I am pretty sure that is going to be too small after it is cut down.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Colt MILSPEC port size is .062. I am pretty sure that is going to be too small after it is cut down.
    Agreed. Especially with the carbine buffer system and a std carrier.

With the A5 system and an LMT e-carrier it might be feasible. But that would be close to the margin for operation using full house Nato pressure ammo, while unsuppressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Can you cleanly cut a 6920 barrel down to 11.5 or would the M203 cut make it awkward?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I've run 11.0 and 10.9 chopped down barrels with .0625 and quality 5.56 ammo. With an E carrier it actually short strokes while a standard Auto carrier would run. Clean and we'll lubed without a can it would still run with an H3 and carbine spring, but would not lock back. H2 would lock back. And same results with the A5 system and A5H2. They felt and ran the same between the A5 and carbine systems. Suppressed it would run great, but for non suppressed reliability I would be running an H buffer and standard car spring. Suppressed the H2 and H3 worked well. NOT using a sprinco. Using standard carbine and rifle springs for each system.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-25-18 at 15:24.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jastone7373 View Post
    Can you cleanly cut a 6920 barrel down to 11.5 or would the M203 cut make it awkward?
    I had one done, it was a stag barrel on a project gun (try stuff out before sinking $ into quality stuff).
    It was a .070” gp (by caliper) iirc, and i had the guy take the shoulder to the start of the cutout ramp. I think it ended up at 11.25” instead of 11.5.

Thanks for feedback guys.

I never had an issue with reliability at 16”, but recoil impulse is very nice where its at now. H buffer vs carbine, cant really tell a difference.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast