Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What 11.5" barrel would you go with?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I use a 11.5 BCM ELW flutted barrel with a Saker-K.

Gas to the face is non-existent with a Geissele ACH. It's overgassed all said and done but with an A5H3 and rifle springco, it's a peach.

I don't shoot it unsuppressed often but it works fine either way and shift is negligible out to 100m. I haven't shot it unsuppressed beyond since the suppressor lives on the rifle.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 06-13-18 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    BCM enhanched light weight.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I usually do DD but I’m pretty damn sold on Sionics at this point for future stuff.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Couple of questions that may be pertinent:
    Whats the upper build for (accuracy, plinker, main defence gun, classes)?
    Do you have any other requirements on the barrel other than using a suppressor?
    What suppressor?
    Will it be suppressed 100% of the time?
    Main defense gun. Running a aac m4-2000
    No other requirements on the barrel other than suppressor use. Not sure if i plan on having the suppressor on it 100% of the time. Would like it to run well without suppressor too

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    Main defense gun. Running a aac m4-2000
    No other requirements on the barrel other than suppressor use. Not sure if i plan on having the suppressor on it 100% of the time. Would like it to run well without suppressor too
    With that info I would go with the Sionics RGP and a battlecomp 51T. I have a 11.5 BCM ELW and would rather have the Sionics.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    With that info I would go with the Sionics RGP and a battlecomp 51T. I have a 11.5 BCM ELW and would rather have the Sionics.
    Even when on the sionics rgp product page it says?:

"This Barrel is designed for use with a Suppressor. We do not recommend using this Barrel without a Suppressor as the weapon may not cycle properly."
    Last edited by snackgunner; 06-13-18 at 14:36.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Yes, as markm says above it can be used both ways. If you do a few searches on here you will see that is more of a correctly gassed barrel cs just suppressed only

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Even when on the sionics rgp product page it says?:

"This Barrel is designed for use with a Suppressor. We do not recommend using this Barrel without a Suppressor as the weapon may not cycle properly."
    I run wolf gold with a 30 cal can, and I was still able to adjust my gas block back a good amount. It runs just fine with the can off and not changing the gas block. I haven’t tried to run any anemic ammo, though.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Yes, as markm says above it can be used both ways. If you do a few searches on here you will see that is more of a correctly gassed barrel cs just suppressed only
    I cant go with a barrel which product description says may not cycle properly without a suppressor, as i want to run the upper with and without the suppressor.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I cant go with a barrel which product description says may not cycle properly without a suppressor, as i want to run the upper with and without the suppressor.
    That's just CYA language for people who run junk ammo. We run good .223 pressure ammo with the RGP all day long and don't have a cycling issue.

If you plan to run a bunch of WOLF steel cased or HERTERS, you might have a hiccup from time to time.
    Last edited by markm; 06-13-18 at 16:00.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast