Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P-09 question

Feedback Score

CZ P-09 question

Is the CZ P-09 essentially a polymer-framed CZ75 or are there significant differences?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The original P07 and P09s were listed as "CZ75 P-07 Duty".

It's still internal frame rails, hammer fired, DA/SA. They have the Omega options for Safety instead of DA/SA.

But, yes.

However, the grips have been reported as feeling a little different in regards to profile. Mag options are less available with the P models. The internal moving parts are, to my knowledge, very similar. But it appears to have some variance to the 75s.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It's an evolution but not just a polymer version. There are polymer versions of the CZ-75 design from CZ if you want one. The P-07/09 has, relative to frame size, more capacity, a different grip shape with slab sides, they all have the Omega trigger (which is optional on the CZ-75), and Sig-style ejection port locking (as used on >90% of handguns) instead of the 1911 or Browning HP-style internal locking lugs on the CZ-75. All the profiles are more square and angular vs. the -75. Slide and barrel are nitride treated on the current versions, while most of the classic CZ models still have painted frame/slide and other metal treatments on the barrel.

CZ-75 mags have an aftermarket which is reasonably priced. P-series does not, so you're paying $39 or so per mag for CZ factory mags. Maybe this will change someday.

I shoot both. I like the -75 grip shape better, but the P-07 has very soft recoil for its size (mine is a .40).

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The internals of the 09/07 polymer series are different from the original metal frame 75 series. They are not interchangeable.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    If you want a polymer 75 then the phantom is the way to go. I have the p07, p09 and the phantom. The phantom is lighter than the p09 and uses standard 75 mags so mags can be found cheaper. P09/7 use cz specific mags and are more expensive. I like all three but the phantom is quickly growing on me. They are all cajun gun worked out with internals.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Like others have mention the P09/P07 are a newer design and utilize proprietary magazines.

I will say that the P09 is the softest shooting CZ that I own and that kinda irritates me. I have a Shadow Custom ($1200) and my $450 P09 has less muzzle flip when shooting.

If you are a reloader then understand the P series guns have extremely short throats and it’s a PITA to load 147 grain Bullets short enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post

CZ-75 mags have an aftermarket which is reasonably priced. P-series does not, so you're paying $39 or so per mag for CZ factory mags. Maybe this will change someday.
    I thought the P07 and P10C share the same mags just with slightly different base plates.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I thought the P07 and P10C share the same mags just with slightly different base plates.
    I don't have a P10 or know much about them. Is there a more reasonably priced magazine option for the P10?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    I don't have a P10 or know much about them. Is there a more reasonably priced magazine option for the P10?
    Well the P10 mags are about $35ish. I have tried my 07 and 10 and both look identical and fit. Haven't shot them with that way yet, was hoping to do it tomorrow.

I can't remember if the P10C base plate is slightly wider than the P07 grip or slightly narrower but there is a slight difference

Last edited by Arik; 06-15-18 at 08:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Like others have mention the P09/P07 are a newer design and utilize proprietary magazines.

I will say that the P09 is the softest shooting CZ that I own and that kinda irritates me. I have a Shadow Custom ($1200) and my $450 P09 has less muzzle flip when shooting.

If you are a reloader then understand the P series guns have extremely short throats and it’s a PITA to load 147 grain Bullets short enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My observations mirror yours - it's not necessarily the total weight of the pistol that reduces muzzle flip, but weight of slide that makes it softer shooting. I've never weighed out slides, but found the P09 and 1911 in 9mm the softest in my hands.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast