Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ P-09 question

Feedback Score
    Is there more than one generation of the P09?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Is there more than one generation of the P09?
    No. However, you CAN find a CZ-USA video where the guy calls it a "P09 Duty" - misnomer. The P09 was always a "gen 2" design with forward serrations, better finish,and interchangeable backstraps. I REALLY like the P09 and it shoots SO soft. It is big, but no more than say a USP, M9, etc. A tad taller. But 19+1 is great and it is a touch under 30 oz.

I DO have a slight difference between my SR Urban Grey gun and an old 2014 version I just picked up - the trigger on the older one is SLIGHTLY more curves and is better at keeping my finger from bottoming out.

Great shooting guns and very accurate. They also eat steel cased ammo well.

Keep in mind that triggers are all over the map. Buy at a GS and pay more, but feel the trigger. I bought my SR version at a show and the trigger was 100% smooth OTB - one in FOUR are like this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It seems like recent P07/P09 pistols have better out of the box triggers than older ones. Not sure the difference after a Cajun Pro kit installation.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I say not. Again at “America’s gun show” I felt a plethora of P guns. The triggers were crappy OTB. The only ones I handled recently that were good were the SR I bought and another SR at an LGS. If you want a great OTB trigger think SP2022.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    I say not. Again at “America’s gun show” I felt a plethora of P guns. The triggers were crappy OTB. The only ones I handled recently that were good were the SR I bought and another SR at an LGS. If you want a great OTB trigger think SP2022.
    My P-07 had an awful trigger out of the box, just stiff, heavy, high-friction and slightly gritty. I was thinking about selling it. Glad I didn't, the trigger improved greatly in just a couple hundred pulls. It's still not the best trigger I have in DA or SA, but it's very comparable to a CZ-75 with the original (non-Omega) trigger and it's adequate for most purposes. Lube all the moving surfaces, dry fire, live fire, repeat until it functions smoothly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes. It has been my experience that if you get a 'bad' P trigger it takes about 1000 rounds to smooth it out. YMMV.

If you buy sight unseen it is a crap shoot. I'd spend 10% more and get a good trigger to start with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 2022 is no different.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've never felt an SP2022 with any grit or stacking. I've tried LOADS and own a couple. They do hit a bit of a wall at the very end of the DA, but you blow by it if you pull right. They have the best overall OTB trigger of any gun under $1000. They are superb. They feel as light and smooth as a Cajunized CZ. Period.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've never felt an SP2022 with any grit or stacking. I've tried LOADS and own a couple. They do hit a bit of a wall at the very end of the DA, but you blow by it if you pull right. They have the best overall OTB trigger of any gun under $1000. They are superb. They feel as light and smooth as a Cajunized CZ. Period.
    The one I own I bought used. I thought the same thing...... great trigger..... until I tried new ones. DA feels like 15# and not very crisp

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My newest SP2022 is OTB as smooth as my one from 3 years ago and 1400 rds through it. I would postulate that yours is an anomaly. I have tried numerous new ones and old ones and ALL are absolutely smooth in DA OTB. BTW - it should be crisp in SA and smooth in DA.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast