Thread: Bcm gas block set screws

Feedback Score

Bcm gas block set screws

I know they are set at .460. I have a slr jig but obviously it’s a .450 not a .460. Opinions on does that .01 make that big of a difference or do I just do the one dimple and call it fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    One dimple is fine

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Like he said^^^ but it would be easy enough to drill the screw opposite the gas port, mount the block and use the other hole in the block as a guide to spot the other one using the appropriate tap drill.

Feedback Score
    In 2014 the Army tested some piston conversion kits on standard M4A1 carbines, some of which used set-screw or clamp-on gas blocks. The barrels were not dimpled, or otherwise modified, nor were any adhesives (i.e., Loctite, Rockset, etc) used on the screws, just torqued to the manufacturer's recommended values. After 6000 rounds, half of which were fired full auto, the one thing that is NOT mentioned is any gas block movement, or loose screws.

This tells me that set screws, torqued properly, on a bare barrel is perfectly adequate, any depth of dimple is more than enough, and there more to ensure proper gas port alignment than anything else.
    Last edited by lysander; 06-13-18 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    Try adcofirearms.com very reasonable,great quality and quick turnaround