Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 25k jump, no chute

Feedback Score
    Is he the same guy that did the space jump several years ago?
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBL View Post
    Is he the same guy that did the space jump several years ago?
    Don't think so, but not sure. Was never that impressed with the space jump. It looked cool visually yes. Obviously some technical challenges, but as long as he chute opened, what's the difference between that and say 30k ft? Now, no chute from a distance you can't even see your landing target that's 100'x100' net, now that's messed up

Space jump, way cool

Wing suit into a bunch of boxes, cooler and pretty darn risky

no chute from 25K into a net, is WTF...
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-16-18 at 13:09.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Don't think so, but not sure. Was never that impressed with the space jump. It looked cool visually yes. Obviously some technical challenges, but as long as he chute opened, what's the difference between that and say 30k ft? Now, no chute from a distance you can't even see your landing target that's 100'x100' net, now that's messed up

Space jump, way cool

Wing suit into a bunch of boxes, cooler and pretty darn risky

no chute from 25K into a net, is WTF...
    There's actually a ton of difference between the space jump and a 30k jump, namely the sound barrier and the difficulties it presented (in relation to maintaining a proper descent orientation, slowing down for chute opening, etc.).
    Last edited by Skyyr; 06-16-18 at 14:58.

Feedback Score
    Stupid and irresponsible. Has his kids there to potentially (high potential) see his old man die like a dumbass. Neat trick, sure. One way to make it into the books under "stupid ways to die"
    Glad he lived to tell about it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Man , that was quite the pucker producer, but I would consider it a violation of the 6th Commandment, and it's made worst that he had a wife and child. Some guys seem to be adrenaline junkies.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Exclamation

Did he leave a brown contrail coming in? Because I would have.

The WHOOOOOOOOOOOLE way down... while screaming like a little girl...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    There's actually a ton of difference between the space jump and a 30k jump, namely the sound barrier and the difficulties it presented (in relation to maintaining a proper descent orientation, slowing down for chute opening, etc.).
    Correction, to my non expert eyes on jumping from such heights, the no shoot jump the most WTF of the three.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Man , that was quite the pucker producer, but I would consider it a violation of the 6th Commandment, and it's made worst that he had a wife and child. Some guys seem to be adrenaline junkies.
    What the hell does him jumping have to do with adultery?
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoboTBL View Post
    What the hell does him jumping have to do with adultery?
    I'm not a Roman Catholic. I subscribe to the Protestant version of the 6th. By putting his life in such danger, for what I don't know, I believe he broke the commandment. I try to apply God's law to all situations.

Feedback Score
    I'll have to watch again. I didn't see him kill anyone or even try to. Is there a thou shalt not do anything dangerous commandment?
    Last edited by LoboTBL; 06-17-18 at 10:10.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast