Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: California 3 state proposal:

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

California 3 state proposal:

Lets talk about this:

This will be on the ballot in November:

First, why is California even considering dividing up into 3 separate states?

Will this be beneficial for the rest of the US?

Will this help with the current political climate in California?

The map shows the New California to be mostly L.A. and all of Orange County, while "Southern California would make up San Diego, Palm Springs and Death Valley while Northern California would encompass San Francisco, Sacramento, Napa Valley and Eureka.

In my opinion, it seems like the "New California" is keeping all the "Hot beach properties" while letting each Southern and Northern keep a major city. Is this about real estate? Or is this about liberals having a louder voice. This whole radical proposal was started by a Silicon Valley billionaire, VC Timothy Draper.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While I don't believe Drapers motives, this particular plan to divvy up the state would not be beneficial to the US. This plan would effectively create 4 liberal Senators with 2 conservative... maybe. It could be a total of 6 liberals. Just what we need, right?

I like the State of Jefferson plan much better.
    Last edited by soulezoo; 06-13-18 at 15:55.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just want California to break off and fall into the sea.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You just want ocean front property on the cheap...
    Can't fool me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    While I don't believe Drapers motives, this particular plan to divvy up the state would not be beneficial to the US. This plan would effectively create 4 liberal Senators with 2 conservative... maybe. It could be a total of 6 liberals. Just what we need, right?
    That and the effect it would have on the Electoral College.

Personally I'm surprised CA has not virtue signaled yet and left the US altogether to join Mexico.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    With all due respect, I really, really doubt any of the dividing or seceding plans will ever happen in my lifetime. But yeah, the Jefferson plan is better.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I just want California to break off and fall into the sea.
    Not before I moved to Idaho, please!!!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Theory is it will allow the state and local governments to better provide for their constituents. I think it will pass in CA as they are generally clueless about ballot initiatives (part of the problem from moving away from a representative government) and most of far northern CA hates the south and san fran hates LA.

If it were to pass they will have massive interstate commerce issues along with what to do with existing water rights. Even if it passes it would never pass the US Congress.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    This plan would effectively create 4 liberal Senators with 2 conservative... maybe. It could be a total of 6 liberals.

That's kinda how I see this unfolding. Basically a power grab. A liberal progressive movement.

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Theory is it will allow the state and local governments to better provide for their constituents.
    If it were to pass they will have massive interstate commerce issues along with what to do with existing water rights. Even if it passes it would never pass the US Congress.
    But the state isn't even being divided up equally. I know more people live in the "New California" area, where most of the money is and influence is. Would this have to pass the US Congress?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    That and the effect it would have on the Electoral College.

Personally I'm surprised CA has not virtue signaled yet and left the US altogether to join Mexico.
    If the CA legislature had their way, they would.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast