Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Binary trigger?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Binary trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    That is a completely entry-level statement.
    LARPing ain’t easy Doc. You should know all about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    LARPing ain’t easy Doc. You should know all about that

You know it...... I am LARPing as a CIV every day now....... it is not easy.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    You know it...... I am LARPing as a CIV every day now....... it is not easy.
    Hahahahaha

Feedback Score
    I'm a shooter and collector, not an "operator". I have a good number of AR15's and would like to put a binary trigger in one just to have some fun at the range if there's one out there that doesn't make the AR15 I put it in less reliable. I simply can't stand when a gun doesn't work as it's supposed to. Is there consensus on which binary trigger is most reliable?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm a shooter and collector, not an "operator". I have a good number of AR15's and would like to put a binary trigger in one just to have some fun at the range if there's one out there that doesn't make the AR15 I put it in less reliable. I simply can't stand when a gun doesn't work as it's supposed to. Is there consensus on which binary trigger is most reliable?
    I wouldn't be buying a Fostech then. Their "binary trigger" as opposed to their semi-auto trigger takes a whole technique to learn and you are going to be learning that rather than having "fun at the range". You are also going to be using two or three times the ammo. My selector switch malfunctioned to the point I just gave up. I have a good, reliable, trigger now and I am getting better at shooting rather than getting better learning their trigger. But I am poor and only have one AR. If you have money to burn on ammo and ARs to throw away, go experiment.

Feedback Score
    I'd never say that I have money to burn, but I do already have an M16A1. It definitely eats through the ammo. I'd like to try a binary trigger just for the fun of it if there's one that will work reliably.

Feedback Score
    I'd never say that I have money to burn, but I do already have an M16A1. It definitely eats through the ammo. I'd like to try a binary trigger just for the fun of it if there's one that will work reliably.
    If you wanna do it, do it. I felt the same way when I bought mine. I went with Fostech because it was supposed to be more reliable. Franklin has made improvements, they say. Franklin is faster. On video, Franklin malfunctions. I can tell you Fostech malfunctions. Franklin, in video, recovers faster. I replaced a $480.00 trigger with a $120.00 trigger and I couldn't be happier. I gave away the Fostech as I could not sell something defective and live with myself. Good luck with yours.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My buddy just picked an echo up. Was not really impressed with initial fit and function. Machining looks terrible and the selector itself felt real mushy/toy like. The trigger isn't bad. It's definitely better than a standard gi trigger. Just don't expect geissele feel or anything like that.

Feedback Score
    I'm getting the impression that the available binary triggers don't really work as advertised. $400 is a lot of money considering you can build a cheap AR15 for the same amount of money. At the same time, $400 isn't that much compared to a full auto receiver, but only if it works as advertised.

Feedback Score
    I'm getting the impression that the available binary triggers don't really work as advertised. $400 is a lot of money considering you can build a cheap AR15 for the same amount of money. At the same time, $400 isn't that much compared to a full auto receiver, but only if it works as advertised.
    Bret, maybe you just have to get one and work though this whole thing. Nobody could talk me out of getting mine. More experienced guys said it was worthless in combat or for home defense. They told me it might be fun. Well, it really was not fun for me. I tried ten rounds on binary at 50 yards regarding combat/self defense. I could hit the man-sized target twice---the first two hit with eight misses. With a couple months of practice this only got marginally better. I read a report of a real soldier comparing full auto to semi auto. He fired 30 rounds, fifty yard target distance on full and then on semi. Full auto was faster but he only hit the man sized target twice (I wasn't feeling so bad at this point) but then he went to semi auto with 30 rounds. He reported it was only slightly slower (obviously an experienced guy) but he hit the target 28 times.
    Between his report and the selector malfunctions, my fantasy with binary was over.

From your discussion I gather money is not the issue. I would not have been happy unless I worked through this whole thing and I don't think you are going to be satisfied until you try it and decide one way or the other.
    Last edited by Dr. Bullseye; 08-03-18 at 20:46.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast