Thread: Got my "Holy Grail" Colt M4

Feedback Score

Got my "Holy Grail" Colt M4

A few years ago someone I know purchased the limited run Colt M4 in Vietnam tiger stripe camo.

This weekend I talked that person out of it. It came with an original aluminum mag in the same camo, and four Magpul Pmags in the same camo.

I decided I could afford to have one "collectible" safe queen just for sheer unadulterated coolness, since all my others are work horses.

If and when I get too old to shoot AR's, this one will likely be the last one out the door. I know the former owner only shot it once and put it away, so it's as close to new as I'm likely to find one.

colt-paint2.jpg

COLT TIGER STRIPE CAMO AR.jpg

(Disclaimer: these are pics off the net. I take such crappy cell phone pics I couldn't bear to post them).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by purevl2 View Post
    Nice Rifle. So, how did you acquire it? I can't make sense of the first part of your post.
    I basically traded a decked out carbine with Meprolight, Streamlight weapon light, Magpul furniture, etc. I have more than one rifle accessorized with all the doodads, so in a nutshell I sacrificed a Plain Jane 6920 for the camo rifle.

I let the person in question fire my carbine with the Meprolight and there was such love for it that the trade happened.

I had been trying to get my mits on that camo rifle for years.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 06-25-18 at 11:06.

Feedback Score
    You'll shoot your eye out! Seriously, Enjoy!
    Last edited by mlberry; 06-25-18 at 11:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When did those camo rifles come out Doc? And how many were made?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    When did those camo rifles come out Doc? And how many were made?
    There weren't many. I think I remember seeing them in 2014. Colt also came out with rifles in Muddy Girl and Fire camo. The fire camo is kind of cool but it would never work as an actual concealment color scheme (unless you're walking through burning buildings or something).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    There weren't many. I think I remember seeing them in 2014. Colt also came out with rifles in Muddy Girl and Fire camo. The fire camo is kind of cool but it would never work as an actual concealment color scheme (unless you're walking through burning buildings or something).
    Thanks...I googled those, I really like the Fire camo, kinda looks like an Autumn/Fall-ish type of camo. But, the Tiger Stripe is my fav, I wear a t/s hat and some shirts sometimes.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning... smells like Victory" - Doc Glockster.

Feedback Score
    Until about a month ago, one of these was sitting in the local shop new and unsold. Everybody called it ugly. Finally, it sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    One man's trash is another man's treasure.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com