Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: mid price range ar advice

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think some LE6920s are still available for $~750-800 sans furniture. Just get a bare one and put on the stuff you want on it.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Everyone totes the 6920, while mine ran flawless, they have a lot of holes. The magpul, stock, grip and front end SUCK! I liked nothing about any of the magpul furniture on mine. The 6920 trigger is akin to pulling rebar through cement. You get rid of all that, put good rails on, SSA trigger, better buttock and grip, you're well into bcm price range.

OP I'd save the money and get a bcm.

To be honest though, I just don't like anything magpul other than their mags. The rest of their stuff seems to be pricey airsoft stuff.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    OP stated he wants to stay near $800. I don't know of anything in the BCM catalog that retails for less than $1100.00. In the entry level AR market nothing beats Colt period.

Feedback Score
    Hence I suggested saving his money and waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    OP stated he wants to stay near $800. I don't know of anything in the BCM catalog that retails for less than $1100.00. In the entry level AR market nothing beats Colt period.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    You’re going to have a tough time getting quality at your specifications at your price.

I understand price. So, I’m not criticizing you or telling you to get a Colt you’ll end up tearing apart anyway. I’d suggest buying an upper from BRT, BCM, whatever. Slap it on a lower you already have, or grab a PSA complete lower for $130. Or find a BCM lower for $305 (last sale price at Primary Arms).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    You’re going to have a tough time getting quality at your specifications at your price.

I understand price. So, I’m not criticizing you or telling you to get a Colt you’ll end up tearing apart anyway. I’d suggest buying an upper from BRT, BCM, whatever. Slap it on a lower you already have, or grab a PSA complete lower for $130. Or find a BCM lower for $305 (last sale price at Primary Arms).
    I tore my colt up. New upper, trigger, stock, grip I would have been better off buying a bcm from the start. Colt is reliable, don't get me wrong.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There was a like new used 6920 at my LGS for $750, the deals are out there it's a buyers market right now. Locally anyways, the big internet ar stores still haven't dropped the higher end much yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I tore my colt up. New upper, trigger, stock, grip I would have been better off buying a bcm from the start. Colt is reliable, don't get me wrong.

Needs: reliability, accuracy, durability.
    Wants: everything else.

A colt checks the needs at the cheapest price. Thats why they recommend them. Dont like magpul stuff? M4 handguards and stocks are cheap.

OP, you state this is a range gun. What is the purpose? If you want to sit at a bench and make the tightest groups possible,id probably get a Rock River Varminter upper and save $50.

If you want to train, learn to use the gun effectively, and will rely on it for defensive purposes, by all means, get a colt. Fwiw, tests show colts are typically 1-1.2 moa guns with 10shot groups.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The 6920 is damn near impossible to beat as far as out of the box reliability, accuracy, and price are concerned.

With that said, you could always grab a SIONICS blem lower ($200-$240) and pair it with one of their 16" uppers ($640is) and you'd be just above your budget. Hardest part is waiting for the blem lowers to come in stock.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I would also recommend getting a Colt 6920 as it is the best entry level AR that one could buy out of the box for not that much more money then you’re $800 budget. Or better yet if you’re willing save a few hundred extra dollars and buy a BCM Recce with their enhanced light weight barrel and have a really nice premium AR that you can run hard and depend you’re life on it.

Feedback Score
    Find a 6920 for under a grand and you'll be happy. You're not going to find a better rifle for less money.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast