Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: mid price range ar advice

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Several places online currently have Colt OEM2 rifles in stock:

Clyde Armory - $789

Bud's Gun Shop - $785/$808

Or if you're willing to wait for him to get them back in stock, Grant's price on Colt OEM2 rifles is even better at $750 (and that's before any M4C member discount or sale pricing):

G&R Tactical

If that's more than you want to spend on an OEM type rifle Grant also has two different Aero OEM types in stock at the moment:

Aero 16" 5.56 Midlength - $550

Aero 18" 223 Wylde - $625

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    As you are probably starting to realize from the other posts, $800 is more in the budget/cheap price range than mid price range. I wouldn't pay money for any of the brands that you have listed except for LWRC and maybe Aero, but I've had one bad experience with them so it kinda put me off.

If you want a decent rifle, drop the .223 Wylde requierment and get a Colt, which I (and most other people) think is probably the best option in the mid price range. If you need the .223 Wylde for more accuracy consider just replacing the barrel in your existing gun, or doing a new build using quality parts, but unless you are patient and wait for deals you'll likely end up spending more than $800.

Feedback Score
    If I were in that price range, I'd look at BCM. See if you can get the complete BCM lowers, then pick up the upper of your choice later. It may be slightly more expensive, but worth it. I have one DD carbine. All the rest are BCM, but for my HK416 upper and my soon to be delivered Geissele URG.

Feedback Score
    i already i already have a 16" 1/7 5.56 noveske. why would i buy the same gun by colt? i guess 800 is low and 1200 more midrange. the wylde thing is set in stone. will check out G&R tactical. questions here were in addition to local hands on and discussions. seems aero is hit or miss. bravo i know to be quality but all 5.56. one guy on this thread said he had a bad experience with an LWRC. another guy i talked to said he had 2 daniels that were a POS. ak operators union posted that the only AR that passed their 5k torture test (and it is torture) was a PSA. guess nothing is really certain or quite as certain as with a bolt gun i.e. sako,tikka,begara. anybody know anything about lancer rifles? thanks again for input.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As others have stated, if you're stuck on the wylde chambering why not just assemble your own? The reciever set, for the most part, is a parts box. If your budget is around $800 look at Faxon or Ballistic for a barrel, trigger is personal preference, and buy quality small parts. The furniture is looks more than function for most end users.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosin46 View Post
    i already i already have a 16" 1/7 5.56 noveske. why would i buy the same gun by colt? i guess 800 is low and 1200 more midrange. the wylde thing is set in stone. will check out G&R tactical. questions here were in addition to local hands on and discussions. seems aero is hit or miss. bravo i know to be quality but all 5.56. one guy on this thread said he had a bad experience with an LWRC. another guy i talked to said he had 2 daniels that were a POS. ak operators union posted that the only AR that passed their 5k torture test (and it is torture) was a PSA. guess nothing is really certain or quite as certain as with a bolt gun i.e. sako,tikka,begara. anybody know anything about lancer rifles? thanks again for input.
    You still haven’t said anything about why you want the Wylde chambering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    BCM Charges a premium to overtorque their barrels...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    OP stated he wants to stay near $800. I don't know of anything in the BCM catalog that retails for less than $1100.00. In the entry level AR market nothing beats Colt period.

Feedback Score
    like i've said,i want to add a wylde to the mix because i do and i don't want to build one because i don't. pretty simple really.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    like i've said,i want to add a wylde to the mix because i do and i don't want to build one because i don't. pretty simple really.
    Fair enough, good luck with the 6920

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can someone explain to me this "Wylde" meme? I never quite understood it, it always seemed to be a retarded chamber altering of some sort meant for bench shooters shooting paper and most barrels seemed to be in stainless made by no-name companies.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast