Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the 14.5" M4 barrels with FSBs these days?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Where are the 14.5" M4 barrels with FSBs these days?

So, where would one go to find a quality milspec 14.5 M4 barrel with the FSB and barrel nut already on it? I'm not in the market to buy one right this second but I'd like to know where a reliable source to get such an item is. Or is just searching for a Colt 6921 barrel on GunBroker the best bet?

I see Colt SOCOM profile barrels floating around here and there but I'm going want the standard profile.

The only manufacturer I have found with standard profile 14.5" M4 barrels with a front sight and barrel nut are DSA and TNTE Sales, the specs as listed on both look acceptable but I don't know anything about the origin of DSA's or TNTE's barrels or their quality, and since I tend to look gift horses in the mouth, the $135 price tag on DSA's barrel in particular makes me suspicious.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

barrel

Last edited by Tigereye; 06-16-18 at 06:28. Reason: addition

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the link but that's the SOCOM profile barrel.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Are those the same profile? Sorry, haven't finished the first cup of coffee yet.

Maybe this https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod71290.aspx
    Last edited by Tigereye; 06-16-18 at 06:35. Reason: add

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    +1 on recommending G&R Tactical. Put yourself on the waiting list for the M4 barrel, and be patient. Colt parts (and most parts) come and go in batches, so be prepared to make a purchase as soon as you get notification it is back in stock.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I like the BA barrels that I have
    https://ballisticadvantage.com/14-5-...rn-barrel.html
    you can opt to add .750" “F” Marked FSB, Handguard Cap, and Delta Ring Assembly +$60.00

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd prefer something milspec, with chrome lining. Ballistic Advantage only offers Nitride as far as I know.
    DSA and TNTE list their barrels as chrome lined and the proper 4150/1159E but I just don't know anything about the actual quality of their stuff.
    I guess for now I'll keep an eye on G&R and a couple other places that have them listed but are out of stock and try to snag one if they become available.
    Worse case scenario I can just buy another BCM M4 barrel and have an FSB installed like I did before but just getting the barrel with the barrel nut and already FSB assembled from the get go would be more convenient.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    So, where would one go to find a quality milspec 14.5 M4 barrel with the FSB and barrel nut already on it?
    Bravo Company has a whole bunch of offerings. This is for the M4 barrel profile:
    https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-1...Group-s/29.htm

But they offer other barrel profiles as well.

In addition to picking BCGs, handguards, and charging handles, you can pick your muzzle device, and whether you want it pinned or not pinned.

P.S. Oops, I'm sorry OP. Didn't realize you were looking for barrels only.
    Last edited by butlers; 06-16-18 at 11:31. Reason: Misinterpreted OP's question
    "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards."
    William Francis Butler

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by butlers View Post
    Bravo Company has a whole bunch of offerings. This is for the M4 barrel profile:
    https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-1...Group-s/29.htm

But they offer other barrel profiles as well.

In addition to picking BCGs, handguards, and charging handles, you can pick your muzzle device, and whether you want it pinned or not pinned.
    Yeah those are the whole upper receiver groups, I'm just after the barrel itself with an FSB on it. BCM is generally my first stop for anything AR, and then if it's something I need but they don't offer (Mostly Retro stuff like A1 uppers, non-F FSBs etc..) then I hit up other outfits.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Try Centurion Arms, not cheap though...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast