Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Where are the 14.5" M4 barrels with FSBs these days?

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    It's one thing to debate about the strengths and weaknesses of various companies, but purse fighting like a bunch of old babushkas over the last cabbage at the state commissary is another. ArmyChief must be rolling in his grave.
    You got that right!

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by redpillregret View Post
    Isn’t Colt just an assembler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe so these days, but they didn't use to be right? Who makes their own barrels anymore, DD, Noveske, KAC, Colt? I think the QC companies provide is where the quality outshines the ordinary. Bcm does a superb job of shipping a quality product, no question there!

Edit: FN makes barrels too of course.
    Last edited by Fordtough25; 06-20-18 at 06:07.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    This is going to piss a lot of people off, but I’ll say it- It’s just not that hard to build an AR that I would walk through an Iraqi doorway with. It’s 2018. The TDP isn’t goddamn magic. Has anyone heard of reverse engineering? The AR15, like the 1911, is not complicated. You don’t need to pay an arm and a leg to get one thats worthy of clearing your way from your mom’s basement to the kitchen.

I served, overseas, with an MOS that primarily involved kicking doors in. The only weapon systems I truly liked were the M24 and the 240B. The M9 was alright as well. All of my AR’s were hit or miss and they were all Colt. The 110 made by Jesus, I mean KAC, was a damn nightmare to try and shoot consistently well at distance. Who makes it matters significantly less than people think. I have two BCM’s, and neither blow my doors off. The two times I’ve called them I’ve been less than impressed with the attitude on the other end of the phone.

I would love to run and gun, swing a kettlebell and shoot an at unknown distance with half of the people on here spending their entire days arguing about the damn TDP. I’ve actually invited one of the loudest mouths on here to do so and never heard back. Shoot more, write less. A properly staked bolt carrier won’t matter nearly as much as a sub 8 minute mile when you need it.

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Maybe so these days, but they didn't use to be right? Who makes their own barrels anymore, DD, Noveske, KAC, Colt? I think the QC companies provide is where the quality outshines the ordinary. Bcm does a superb job of shipping a quality product, no question there!

Edit: FN makes barrels too of course.
    I was under the impression Colt outsourced their barrels. I could easily be wrong.

Noveske outsources their barrels. PacNor for SS and to a hammer forger for the chrome moly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    CPM stop being a baggard. Sounds like you were super duper Spec ops. You embarrass yourself doing that. You going to list your decorations next?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    CPM stop being a baggard. Sounds like you were super duper Spec ops. You embarrass yourself doing that. You going to list your decorations next?
    Oh, come on, we've got a couple of alphabet spewing humble braggers on board here, are you going to call them all out?

For sure, this much of what he said is true:

It’s just not that hard to build an AR that I would walk through an Iraqi doorway with. It’s 2018. The TDP isn’t goddamn magic. Has anyone heard of reverse engineering? The AR15, like the 1911, is not complicated. You don’t need to pay an arm and a leg to get one thats worthy of clearing your way from your mom’s basement to the kitchen.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Oh, come on, we've got a couple of alphabet spewing humble braggers on board here, are you going to call them all out?

For sure, this much of what he said is true:

It’s just not that hard to build an AR that I would walk through an Iraqi doorway with. It’s 2018. The TDP isn’t goddamn magic. Has anyone heard of reverse engineering? The AR15, like the 1911, is not complicated. You don’t need to pay an arm and a leg to get one thats worthy of clearing your way from your mom’s basement to the kitchen.
    No, the bragging about what you say you did has nothing to with the thread. Also throwing Gods name around. Come on man, are you 20 years old? There are good solid rifle and parts out there. BCM from my expericance is substandard as well as their customer service. Maybe. Got a lemon. It happens. Also, if you ever make it up to Mn. I will shoot with you CPM. I will even provide the ammo. Just try being a little humble.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    ...I’ve actually invited one of the loudest mouths on here to do so and never heard back...
    Bro...I not only accepted but I RSVP'd.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    I guess he backed out on you. 😂. I am glad did though. Got to expose frauds. I hate that stuff.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    Wasn't you, my dude.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast