Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the 14.5" M4 barrels with FSBs these days?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I was mostly just curious how the SOCOM compared to a standard M4 barrel overall, but for my needs I still think I'm going to go with the standard profile for now. I've got a line on one at the moment.

I had forgotten about Windham too, those might come in handy for a *different* project requiring an M4 barrel down the road. They're not my first choice but most of the specs on their barrels look solid, they just don't appear to individually HP/MP test them.
    They apparently use non-F FSBs but since that barrel would be going on a future 727 clone that would actually be a plus in that case.
    They weren't my first choice either. I was looking for a 20" Colt with FSB and M4 feed ramps, but the barrel by itself isn't real easy to come by. I did some research on them, and they seemed to be pretty well thought of. Mine doesn't have an F-marked FSB. That wasn't a huge deal, though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Arms Unlimited has the Colt 14.5” socom Profile for $240 shipped.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-M...-p/sp65054.htm

Probably cheaper than Grant’s offering with his M4C discount + shipping charge factored in.
    Also better than BCM and other similar hobby grade brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm probably opening a can of worms by even going here, but you consider BCM barrels to be "hobby grade"?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I wouldn't order from Arms Unlimited. Every Colt part I've ordered from them has been flawed somehow. The Colt bcg I ordered from them looked like a QC reject, or perhaps used. The SOCOM barrel I ordered from them had to be sent back to Colt for warranty work, because it was grouping way left. I ordered a Colt LPK, and the shipment has been pending since last Wednesday. In contrast everything I've ordered from Grant has been spot on. No questionable markings on the bcg, the SOCOM barrel is grouping spot on, and no shipping issues.

Feedback Score
    I'm probably opening a can of worms by even going here, but you consider BCM barrels to be "hobby grade"?
    What?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    ****ing fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Also better than BCM and other similar hobby grade brands.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Y’all gonna feel the wrath of Admin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    BCM is just PSA with better marketing.... like celebrity “gun fighters.” If PSA had celebrity gun fighters all their issues would get swept under the rug too.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    BCM is just PSA with better marketing.... like celebrity “gun fighters.” If PSA had celebrity gun fighters all their issues would get swept under the rug too.

Advertising and paying people to stop any bad reviews on gun forums will make any company look like rock stars.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wow, this thread just hopped on board the failboat. To the OP, I bought a standard 14.5 M4 Colt barrel from scottyryan a while back, he's got a gunbroker page and it was a fair price. Not sure if he still sells them or not, but it would be worth checking out. Every Colt part I've bought from Arms Unlimited has been GTG. PSA is a far cry from BCM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast