Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FIFA World Cup

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

2018 FIFA World Cup

So I realize football (soccer) might not be the most popular sport for members of this forum but I am assuming there are at least a handful of fans. What are your thoughts so far? For me, Messi will continue to choke, VAR use today was efficient, Russia looked decent albeit against weak opposition and France are my pick to surprise in this tournament. My team, England, will be lucky to get to the Quarters.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was surprised Denmark beat Peru. Peru seemed to have a much stronger team and dominated the first half. Sometimes there such a thing as luck.

Figured Croatia and Nigeria were more or less evenly matched and if anything I excepted Nigeria to put up a closer scoring game.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I heard the Germans are in Moscow. About 30 miles closer than they got in 1940.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    This time they're on their best behavior

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah, i hate to say it but France and Brazil are going to be tough to beat. Come on England!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Best thing on web today.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    I do need to correct the year in my comment, Operation Barbarossa was in 1941, not 1940.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, the Germans had a rough time back then and a rough time today. Who saw a loss to Mexico coming?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good line, slightly lost its punch for those who know that the Germans didn't invade Soviet Union until the June of '41. Good catch correcting yourself, I just noticed.

I actually liked Spain, tough luck that CR7 got that free kick out perfectly. Remains to be seen if Mexico can carry on what the did against the Germans, I hope they do. I think that Russians have exhausted their goal quota for the tournament and I hope that Salah plays the next match and kicks their ass. So far I don't have a feel for this Cup and have no favorites. I just want to watch a good football.
    Last edited by YVK; 06-17-18 at 20:57.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Have to say, this World Cup has been much more entertaining than the last few based on what I have seen so far. A lot of late goals, better teams struggling and underdog results. As the Germany Sweden game highlights, have to fight all the way to the final whistle to get a result.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast